please critique

Hey guys, I’ve uploaded my race on megaupload…I’m the black guy with the powerband shorts…

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9PC9L8MA

There’s the link…that was my first race of the season, anything you guys reckon i need to improve. From what I’ve been told, I need the “triple extension”…

anyone agree?

Thanks
Sho

seemed like good quality just didn’t see much though. What was the time of the little guy in front? He had triple extension but arms seemed to overreach. You dont seem to achieve triple extension yet, form seems to break down last few metres.

Thanks man, if you have the new realOne player (realone player 11) you would be able to slow the video down and be able to analyse it better.

Markus won that race in 10.70, I got third 11.10, just three tenths away from him…

i noticed your upper body moves side to side compared to the other competitors, might cause you to slow down quicker later in the races. I’m guilty of this myself.

i see that this run is a big improvements from your previous personal bests. What helped you this season, to get to the next level? Did you do lots of speed endurance with 120s- 150s?

Thanks…
How did do you know that I’ve improved by quite a bit?

I’ve changed groups now…I’m now training under Lloyd Cowan and Christine Bloomfield…I’ve been in their group since first week in February, missed three weeks training prior to that race…

I’ve been training with that group once a week since i joined…I think hip drills have helped me out a lot…
we’ve been doing 30m acceleration sprints, 80metre runs and 100m TEMPO’s…

i typed your name in google, got alot of info :slight_smile:

what type of hip drills, carioca?

Can’t remember the name of the drills, but most of those:

http://www.sportplan.net/drills/Athletics/Sprint-Drills/practiceIndex.jsp;jsessionid=A04965997DA9C10B8BE2A41B51262ADD

Really worked my hips, helped me out a lot with knee lifts…Coach will be disappointed when they see the video and images of my race…

You got any other vids of you ?
whats your 60m hand time ? stats ?

7.40…back in 2007…I promise you that was a potential 7.1…yes my start was THAT BAD…

Why would they be disappointed?? You’ve smashed your previous PB…11.1 in March on your first race is awesome! Especially as I know the times you’ve run in the past…

Shame Burns aint about still!! As for Sol…I think he needs to be worried!

Well done again.

Thanks Jason, I thought they’d be disappointed because of the lack of triple extension or something, especially Christine, she’s STRICT! I still love her though!

I finish University in May this year, so HOPEFULLY and a big HOPEFULLY I should be able to train twice a week…I’ll ask if i can work on my speed endurance or something because I really want that 22.2 so bad…lol…as for my 10.9, I’m confident about it.

are you doing any tempo?

nope, I’ve been training with my group for almost two months…missed three weeks training prior to 11.1…and as far as i can remember, I only remember doing 100m tempo runs in my third sessions, and that’s it.