plantar fascia

Is it possible for Eli Manning to play with this problem for the next 5 months?

We have a running back on our team that is playing with it, he wears tennis shoes to practice, and does treatment everyday. He also is on a “pitch count” during practice. I’m sure the Giants have way more knowledge & personal, and ways of working around this injury not to mention access to all types of therapeutic modalities to treat the condition.

Yeh, I know they do but it’s still very very painful.

Its very possible. It’s painful but not painfull enough not to play, i know. I mean if he doesnt play then he really is a sissy, or know he already got that fat concract so maybe he will not be stressed about playing lol. But if he’s a gamer he will play.

There is likely a tear in the tissue. He could very well have an acute rupture and be out for the rest of the season. This happened to a UCLA basketball player a couple years ago who tried to do the exact same thing (come back too soon).

All depends on how bad it is. If its just from tightness in his calves he should be good after a long warm up and stretch. If its a tear then…he’s SOL

Another quick healer!!!

Coach Andy Reid revealed in his post-game press conference that Jeremy Maclin tore his plantar fascia in the Eagles’ Sunday night win.
Reid called it a “one or two week” injury, although that’s likely optimistic. Maclin had to be carted away, and was almost in tears on his way off the field,

I found that I could play a game of hockey (field) but had to keep moving and running. If I didn’t and I allowed myself to cool down I had trouble going again.

It took about 5 - 10 minutes to become bearable and after about 15 minutes didn’t really notice it during the game. Post game and day after was a different story.

It is a wear and tear injury so to speak.
Anyone who has had it knows it aint no joke.
Lots of ways to treat it and lots of ways people get it and varied degrees of how bad it is.
It is not a one to two week injury tho. It takes a long time to develop and therefor a long time to heal. Sometimes you can work around it if you catch it early and know the signs.
I helped one of Charlie’s former NFL clients deal with this while he was playing and almost at that moment he tore the tissue off and experienced a ton of relief. He is one of the lucky ones. Does’nt always happen to everyone for him it did and wa la…gone! ( sort of)
Part of the issue is that there is countless tissue and tendons in the foot and once scare tissue sets in you begin to get recurring problems.
In the initial stages you can warm it up as DMA has pointed out but if it goes far enough you need to spend more time to get back into action.
Preg woman get this after babies as their feet loosen and relax with all the other tendons for the birthing process to take place// there by losing lots of muscle tone etc. After the baby comes and it is business as ususal but the foot has lost muscle and strength that must be rebuilt.

I had the same problem years ago. Lot of pain, but I continued playing. One day, after landing, I ruptured the fascia. More or less one month of therapy and after that, no more pain.