Pistorius: WR 10.91/21.60

Record tumbles as Pistorius does it again

April 06 2007 at 07:17AM  

Johannesburg - The Nedbank Championships for the Physically Disabled witnessed another phenomenal performance from Paralympic sprint sensation Oscar Pistorius as he broke the world record in the 200m at Germiston Stadium on Thursday.

Pistorius clocked a time of 21.6 seconds to break the record of 21.66 seconds he set at the World Championships in Holland last year.

This was the 20-year-old’s second world record of the championships, after breaking the 100m world record yesterday in a time of 10.91 seconds. The Pretoria University student also became the first amputee sprinter ever to dip under the 11sec mark.

“I’m excited about my performances here this week,” Pretorius explained.

“My coach and I have been working on race strategy, training and dieting, and my times have come down a lot.” - Sapa

Wow that is pretty amazing! I’d like to see him run. Does anyone have any videos?

http://www.visaparalympicworldcup.com/images/gallery_06/athletics/_5.jpg

Your kidding me. I don’t think I’m even below 11 WITH LEGS. That is truely amazing…

Nobody should complain about their body type again.

Yeah, he CRUSHED the record held by Marlon Shirley of 10.97. I remember Marlon having a Nike commercial talking about being just a split second behind the world record holder…

thats just awesome. Great inspiration for those who claim that they “cant”…

hes true stud!!

i agree with you t.j. perry