Perfect push off

As a sprinter the best form usually helps win the race. How can athletes perfect their form. It is said that Flojo perfected her form to where you couldn’t even here her run anymore. How can I do that?

some people are naturally gifted when it comes to mechanics and can easily adopt to neccessary chances if needed.on the other hand you get sprinters who work hard at mechanics but will never be sound like carl lewis because of flexibility,elasticity etc.my advice would be to have all the basics in place and that alone would make an improvement and a solid foundation.

there comes a point when an athlete is running so fast that the downtime is minimal thus leading to less of a thump when hitting the ground.

hey mate with a 10.86 at 15 i wouldnt be worrying 2 muh ur body has a bit of growing 2 do i would guess so just get out there and have some fun.:wink:

Originally posted by X-Man
there comes a point when an athlete is running so fast that the downtime is minimal thus leading to less of a thump when hitting the ground.

Ahhh, but is the thump contact time related or are you hearing the dissipation of wasted propulsion as sound waves because of a weakness?