Patello-Femoral Syndrome

I have an athlete that was diagnosed with this injury (patello-femoral syndrome). I have her doing squat, quad exercises, hamstring exercises, balance work, hip exercises, and stretch and foam roller before the workout. I know I am not giving specifics but, I was wondering if anyone has worked with someone with this injury and what you did that was successful.

This seems to be a pretty good source.

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/knee_injuries/a/knee11.htm

I guess a little late, but in case anyone references this thread in the future, I had patello femoral syndrome like 10 years ago. It happened when I started training for track after 2 years inactivity. Results my quads atrofied in those two years. This definitely was the most painful injury I’ve ever, had it was unbearable to walk or put weight on the leg in question. Fortunately it’s also a pretty easy injury to get through. Have the athlete stretch a ton, in particular the quads. And get on with a strengthening routine, I think squats might be a stretch, but definitely leg extension and leg curls should be in the routine, and bike work instead of running (self explanatory). Also have the athlete do kinesio, the kinesiologist should help the athlete stretch and improve range of motion, and apply EMS and magnetotherapy. Within a month the athlete should be almost pain free. At least this was my experience.