Overstriding help

are there any cues to help decrease overstriding

There are heaps - but it depends on what is causing the overstriding to begin with.
Check out the Last member clip added, there is talk about Overstriding there.

There are heaps - but it depends on what is causing the overstriding to begin with.
Check out the Last member clip added, there is talk about Overstriding there.

Back straight, hips up or hips high. If posture is improved, it is more difficult to over-stride.

ok thanks…I love this site

Stef put up a gem of a post the other day in her journal

When I trained with Charlie for that one day, one of the key things we concentrated on, was stepping right underneath the body, and not trying to create a larger-than-comfortable stride (the typical over-stride). He said that I might feel like I’m actually making smaller steps and going slower, but it’s not the fact, as the maximum force can be applied down there (center of gravity), and one ends up being up higher in the air for longer.

this is a great post…I had ingrained the bad happen of consciously trying to lengthen my stride so now I just try to think of stepping down and it really works…my times are better and I have no hamstring pulls this year…It’s good to actually be able to get proven tips and advice from trusted ppl:rolleyes:

Lately I have tried bending the torso slightly like maurice greene do in his 60m records

I thing It has helped and I drop-off less rapidly and reach better speed and strides frequency. It seems like It is a more efficient mechanical way of sprinting for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU3yxIlcmhY