outdoor mondo tracks..

i am aware or at least i think these are a rareity at least in the U.S. correct me if im wrong.
what outdoor 400 meter tracks are mondo anyway… the only one i know for sure of is M.I.T. college in Mass.
where are the others?
also since were on the topic… lets dicuss which outdoor tracks are the fastest in the U.S. and Canada and why.

Being in the UK it probably is BS :wink:

yeah my high school has rakatan sp? It’s suppose to be good but no one knows anythign about it. I think IUPUI has mondo outdoor track.

I’ve just found out the track at my club is ‘Spurtan BS’. Does anyone know how good this surface is?

Try this link:

Sports Technology International

Look under trademarks.

For a listing All Weather Track Facilities in California and Nevada, go to:

http://www.trackinfo.org/tracks.html

Fast Tracks

1. Sacramento State University
  2. University of Texas
  3. San Diego State Univ.
  4. LSU
  5. San Jose City College

Kenny Mac~~~

kenny,
any of those mondo?

I know Sac State, & San Jose has Mondo.

The others I don’t know I know there FAST.

What is the difference between Mondo and Polyurethane? How do the differences affect training and racing?

Can you tell the difference between grasstex (asfalt), Tartan, Mondo, generation 2 Mondo tracks just by looking at them/feeling them/any simple tests? I assume the newer ones are harder than the older ones?

anyone got close up pictures of these surfaces? my new track at school is soft as pudding and it sux! i feel so slow on it. i dunno what surface it is. what5 is gereration 2 mondo. i ran on several indoor mondo tracks before but i dunno about generation 2 mondo.

nebraska’s track is mondo

Kenny are you sure UT has mondo.i was there in 95 and it was tartan,did they get mondo with the up-grades of the stadium.we are talkin austin here right!

UNC @ chapel hill = mondo

SIU Carbondale(Indoor/Outdoor)
A High School in Merriville Indiana(forgot the name)
2000 Oly Trials(forgot which school)

Originally posted by Kenny Mac
Fast Tracks

1. Sacramento State University
  2. University of Texas
  3. San Diego State Univ.
  4. LSU
  5. San Jose City College
    Kenny Mac~~~

The San Jose track is awesome! I was on business travel and looking for a place to run in San Jose. Someone told me about the City College track, so I drove over there and the college itself looks like it is falling apart. The buildings are old and run down. I happened to park on the other side of the campus so I’m walking through the college thinking that the track will be asphat with broken glass on it. Lo and behold I get there and it is beautiful…track nirvana! It also has a nice artificial turf football field in the middle which is nice and soft for tempo runs. Not quite as good as natural grass, but pretty decent.

Any opinions on if it is better to train on a hard or soft track? I’ve never been on a mondo track so I don’t know what it feels like to run on it but I like when the tracks I run on are softer feels better on my joints.But hey If I ran on something like mondo I’d prolly fall in love with it.

Training on Mondo is horrible for your joints and legs to train on but it is the fastest surface. my schools track is soft like a sponge. not only that but it needs to be vacumed or something its all loose and shi* we havent had any meets on it yet because its new so i dont have evidence to back up that it is incredibly slow. I HATE doing my speed workouts on it i feel SLOWAZHELL where i should feel QUIKAZHELL.:shoot:

Try to avoid training on Mondo. It’s very hard on the legs- but great for meets!
BTW Quickashell, is your track brand new? It takes a number of months for a track to “cure” and harden up. Suspend judgement for a few months.