oatmeal bars

anyone know a recipe to make oatmeal travel friendly? preferably id like to add some protein powder and bake it into a solid and cut them into bars, but i dont want to destroy the protein at high temps…anyone made some before?

Clemson recommended this. Haven’t tried it yet, but it looks pretty good.

http://www.mccanns.ie/pages/r_chocoat.html

Chocolate chips and marshmallows??? That doesn’t sound like Clemson. :confused:

My gorilla biscuits are modified from that very recipe, but I don’t use as much of the “bad stuff” like the chocolate chips and butter. My “mancakes” do use biotest grow but I don’t think the cooking destroys all the protein. Remember nutrition is a shift of good to excellent…not perfect.

I’m not a fan of commercial Protein bars.

However my 2 cents,

For Strength Gaining:
Peakbody make the best protein bars I’ve seen so far with about 50 grms of protein and 13grms of Carbs.

I bought a few, I think they taste far better than any others I’ve tried

They last me forever - as I hardly ever use them.

I always leave 1 or 2 on the glove box of my car for long journeys where I’m stuck for food.

For Nutrition:
Homemade oat bars would be fine - High5 make some real useful tasty one too …

… but remember U can’t beat a hard boiled egg and a banana …

where’s the instruction for those gorilla biscuits and mancakes? i did a search on RL but nothing under gorilla biscuits unless im searching wrong…
also points for the name, try getting a weekend warrior to survive on something called a ‘gorilla biscuit’…haha

If you did a search under “beast mode” you would understand that the 300 pound “little joe” is the RL mascott. Gorilla biscuits is a name of a punk band in the 90s and the name made sense. Mancakes is not up (gorilla biscuits as well) and will be under a post called “Buildfast” (another play on words for breakfast). I have no clue when those posts will be up and it all depends on the readership support.

i mixed up ,
couple cups of oatmeal
couple scoops protein powder
4 egg whites
ground cinnimon
water for consistancy

baked in a muffin tin at 350degrees for 15 min.
came out edible and not too bad…so im satisfied. next time ill throw in some dried fruit