November Workshop in Vancouver - Final Comments

Now that I’m at home recovering from the weekend workshop, I have a bit of energy to give an overview of the workshop.

We had a great group of coaches that attended, with coaches representing all kinds of sports including:

• Track and Field - Sprints, Throws and Jumps
  • Swimming
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Olympic Weightlifting
  • Fencing
  • Martial Arts

In addition, we had coaches attend from:

• Vancouver, BC
  • Victoria/Vancouver Island, BC
  • Castelgar, BC
  • Edmonton, Alberta
  • Washington State
  • Portland, Oregon
  • Eugene, Oregon
  • Houston, Texas
  • San Jose, CA (3)
  • Milan, Italy
  • London, England

Plus, a couple of the local coaches were originally from other countries such as Hungary and Belgium.

And, all of the coaches had something valuable to contribute to all of the discussions. It was one of the best events that I’ve ever attended.

Once again, Charlie provided a top notch presentation with lots of useful information and anecdotes for everyone who attended. Charlie presented his recent information on short-to-long and long-to-short training approaches that all workshop attendees received copies of. Additionally, different sport coaches in attendance presented sample program plans that were reviewed by Charlie and discussed by the group.

Saturday night, a large group of us went to a nice restaurant nearby that everyone seemed to love (especially if you were male). Needless to say, the people waiting on us provided great scenery. The discussions and debates continued on around the dinner table. We even had some coaches practicing techniques in the aisles between the tables much to the surprise of other people in the restaurant. Great fun.

Sunday at the workshop was even better, as we not only had Charlie presenting, we had smaller presentations by Val Nasedkin of Omega Wave Sport and Giuseppe Gueli (Pakewi on this site). The information provided on the Omega Wave Technology was astounding and blew all of us away. Not only does the technology help to confirm much of what Charlie has been saying for the last 20 years, but it has so many other possibilities in the realm of athlete training/recovery and general healthcare. Amazing stuff!

It was sad to see everyone go on Sunday night. It was such a great gathering of people. I hope to once again meet up with many of these coaches again, either through future workshops or via other events or visits. To any of the out of town guests, please stay in touch with me and let me know if you are ever wanting to come to Vancouver again.

Thanks again to everyone who attended and contributed. It was one of the most rewarding events I’ve organized to date.

Charlie was phenomenal as always and in fine form, but huge credit also to Number Two for the huge amount of work organizing something of this magnitude. This man will need sleep for a week! One of the best experiences I’ve had in sport.

number2 is going need a few days to recover now. thats for sure hehe
Yeah it was phenominal, my favorite qoute of the weekend
“well there’s deffenatly a lactic component here…”

Which row were you in and in what seat if you were to estimate your location from me? :slight_smile:

Hi venom, I was in the back row, behind you, two to the left of you, with all kinds of questions for Val on his technology.

Any Idea on when the Al Vermeil seminar will be held? Late April?

NumberTwo?

CF or Dererk, I have some questions regarding the workshop materials.

pg 19 of the CF seminar Workshop notes

On pg 19 of the CF seminar Workshop notes I have two questions,

1. Intensity Limit, what does this mean?

Somebody told me that it,

“means that you put a cone at 20m and if the distance is for example 60m, then you would only accelerate to 20m and hold the speed up to 60m. Then, for each week you move the cone up accordingly.”

The question I have is this intensity limit done in the distances displayed under Special Endurance Heading on the Monday + Friday days? I.E. 4x60/4x60/4x60 so this means you accelerate only to 20m in each of these distances? Or is it done only under the acceleration heading? Or both?

Under the Wednesday Heading which section does the intensity limit refer to? This is the same question as above except I am wondering what it refers to on the Wednesdays?

Also what does Strength End. mean under its heading? I assume that 4x30 means speed drills to the 30m mark?

Thanks.