Nootropics

wondering what everyones thoughts are on these…

i have an dutch training partner who swears by them.
im interested in trying out Phenibut and maybe Sulbutiamine.
everything else in my programme is coming together
but being a student, a powerlifter and a chef it tends to wear my brain a little thin

just need to investigate the legalities of purchasing them, im told that there is no danger in that regard.

Do a search in the archives. This has been discussed several times before.

spend you money elsewhere…very limited and very non-ergogenic.

No scientific proof. Just the good old placebo effect.

Try Vitalsye or Neuroflow as alternatives

Piracetam is a nootropic like supplement. Why do you have it in the pre-workout blend you posted before Clemson? Regardless if one experiences ergogenic effects from them, I would recommend them to students for focus related activites (reading,studying, etc). I really react nicely with ALCAR and Piracetam. Try them out. They are rather cheap (imo). Go from BSL is a good start for those who have never tried them. But if your looking for another ergogenic aid, look elsewhere.

No research about these? Come on, take a few searches at pubmed and you’ll find plenty of info.

Phenibut is more like a drug similar to alcohol:
http://forum.avantlabs.com/?act=ST&f=1&t=11754&

and silbutramine (meridia) is a diet drug.

However, real nootropics like piracetam are great. Combine Acetyl-l-carnitine, piracetam, and lecithin (or any source of choline) and see how much more mentally alert and smart you get within 2 weeks.

We have been using a transdermal system for a while during sleep…fantastic results. It’s not cheap but helps against CNS overtraining. Good points kellyb.

Care to elaborate?

make sure whatever you’re doing isn’t banned or you’ll have a ‘long sporting vacation’!!

I completely agree.

I believe piracetam has recently been banned, but someone will need to double check that. However, I assume it’s classified as a stimulant, so it would only be subject to competition testing. Then again, we don’t know it’s clearence time either. Be careful.

http://www.wada-ama.org/docs/web/standards_harmonization/code/list_standard_2004.pdf

The ban on gene doping is my favorite. How avante guard of them.