no laughing please

Admirable goal. Way to have a pair!

You mentioned strength – how strong are you now?

You mentioned strength – how strong are you now?

not very :frowning: …slow, fat and weak …man I got it all going on hahahahahahaaha :smiley:

The background in the first video is unreal. Man is that beautiful or what. Add it to my list of must see’s.

John C-S, not to hijack/take away from your thread, but is your avatar a picture of the NZ rugby team? What is that called that they’re doing? Looks awesome, I have seen it on TV before… Got me feeling pumped up… :cool:

Yeah that the All Blacks and what they are doing is called a haka…if it gets you pumped man it gets us NZers really going :smiley:
That pic is taken from a game I was at and was the first time they performed a new one that noone in the crowd knew about, the place just went right off. :smiley:

The main one you see is
Leader
KA MATE! KA MATE!
We’re going to die! We’re going to die!

Chorus
KA ORA, KA ORA!
We’re going to live! We’re going to live!

Leader
KA MATE! KA MATE!
We’re going to die! We’re going to die!

Chorus
KA ORA, KA ORA!
We’re going to live! We’re going to live!

All together
TENEI TE TANGATA PU’RU-HURU
This is the man, so hairy

NA’A NEI TIKI MAI WHAKA-WHITI TE …
who fetched, and made shine the

… RA! HUPANE! KA-UPANE!
sun! Step upwards! Another … !

A HUPANE! KA-UPANE!
Step upwards! Another… !

WHITI TE RA!
The sun shines!

HI !

A web page with more info is here

Just watched their new haka at allblacks.com… Holy crap. Freakin awesome…

john…not bad but you can improve greatly with practice.at this point just run and train.by doing so you will loose the excess weight and get into shape.whatever you do stay relaxed and do not tighten up.do not worry about the leg action.just keep your arms pumping and driving down thus leading to the legs getting the ROM needed.

with strenght in place you will be able to lenghten your stride but as i said this will happen naturally with time and proper training

John,
sorry to come back to this!
After sending your version to NZ friend of mine, she came back with “her” version and the explanation: the old one was developed by a Maori war chief and his tribe is claiming copyright to it, so the NZRU thought it best to come up with a new version… :wink:

Ringa pakia
(Slap the hands against the thighs)
Uma tiraha
(Puff out the chest)
Turi whatia
(Bend the knees)
Hope whai ake
(Let the hip follow)
Waewae takahia kia kino
(Stamp the feet as hard as you can)
Ka mate! Ka mate!
(It is death!, It is death!)
Ka ora! Ka ora!
(It is life!, It is life!)
Ka mate! Ka mate!
(It is death! It is death!)
Ka ora! Ka ora!
(It is life! It is life!)
Tenei Te Tangata Puhuru huru
(This is the hairy man)
Nana nei tiki mai (Who fetched the sun)

Whakawhiti te ra
(And caused to shine again)
A upa ne ka up ane
(One upward step, another upward step)
Upane, Kaupane
(An upward step)
Whiti te ra
(The sun shines!)

X thanks for that, it fits pretty much with my plan.
This season is basically just doing it, learning and getting in shape. My main event goal is early Feb and I have 5 races planned till then which will just be part of my training rather than getting special focus (ie no taper).

Nik, that isn’t ‘my’ version it was what was off that site I linked to. There was some talk about the tribe wanting to copywrite the one used but that was dismissed as impractical and I doubt it will happen…I may be wrong though :eek: