No betting

From the latest NZA publication :rolleyes:
[i]
You are reminded that in line with Rule 9 of the IAAF, there is to be no betting by members of Athletics NZ on athletics at the Beijing Olympic Games.

Rule 9 – Effective 1 May 2008
No person within the IAAF may take part, or attempt to take part, in any capacity either directly or indirectly, in any betting, gambling or similar event or transaction connected with competitions in Athletics held under the rules of the IAAF, its Areas or Members.[/i]

http://www.athletics.org.nz/Article.aspx?ID=3813

Whaddya mean John, you still owe me large.

:slight_smile:

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

and with you being Keyser Söze I’m shitting myself about it :eek:

Why don’t you ask for a clarification. Rather than races, can you bet on which idiot officials will be canned after NZ lays a turd on the track?

That’s a great rule.

summed up by a post on a NZ board

[i]There are only two types of people who bet on athletics - those who are enthusiasts (and therefore are probably registered members) and those who would bet on anything going (and therefore are probably gambling addicts.)

And the group they have chosen to restrict is the registered members… genius[/i]

I can’t recall the figure off the top of my head but the sport I work for gets a LOT of money as a result of sports betting. Under the rules here the TAB have to pay a % to the national body.

Call me the Pete Rose of track and field then. I’m betting on everything. Ill bet on how many times it took tyson gay to rinse his mouth, what type of mouth wash he uses, and if he had deodorant on in the final or not. Ill bet on how fast the alternate relay member of the US team runs. Or would of run. Or would of run if he had a last minute call, and wasn’t allowed to warmup. Ill bet how long it would take michael johnson to run the 200m with no training and in full street clothes after he has his morning coffee. Think its just the olympics. I’ll bet on the sophmore jv shot put relay team. Not the A team but the B team. I’ll bet that the third leg runs at least 18 seconds, turns bright red by 20, and runs with a smile on his face the last 10. That kid in the 30th heat of the jv 200m. He’s running 34.5 seconds. I’ll bet that guy from boston will break all of these rules and have a smile on his face when he does. I ran out of things to bet on.

Thanks this was one of the best posts of the year.

Uh oh the final is finally on. STUPID NBC