nightmare goes vertical

nightmare’s plyos

here is a link to a video that was taken last week of me doing plyos. using this style of plyo, oly lifts and some other goodies, i have added 6 inches to my vertical jump in the last 8 months and i am moving quicker and faster than ever. if you are trying to count, there is 20 risers+the step, not bad for a 5’9 former triathlete eh?

thanks to all the forum members that gave me their support and advice over the last year. and a special thanks to CF and Rupert for making it all possible.

Nightmare whats your vertical at right now?

not bad at all

nice pants

Do you have a link, or can you write out for us your training structure? Eight inches is great! Are you dunking yet?

That’s impressive. That looks scary though.

N4D,

Good stuff man! I also have learned a lot from this website. After a few years away from track I came back last year and I couldn’t touch the B-Ball Rim. After a year of putting what I learned to use I am now able to grab the rim from the second key where players line up for free throws on the box w/ only three steps and grab the rim from the third key (the one before the free throw line w/ only four steps. (I still can’t dunk however). It’s just too bad that I have scar tissue in my right hammie that won’t let me get to top speed but I can now also jump over 20’ by just taking a few steps. BTW, my vert is just above avg. I would say probably not as good as N4Ds however.
-Balance

N4D, I wasn’t able to open that link. Would you be able to describe in words how you perform that plyo drill?
Thanks!

:clap:

Excellent work Nightmare,
Keep going - I want to see you jumping as high as Ato in the next video!!!

thanks for the support guys!

tim:

i dont really know what my vertical is, i only know its getting better. i started at 16 risers + the step and now up to 20+the step. we dont have one of those vetical measure things, and i dont test well jumping into the wall and seeing how high i test.

also, i choose to focus on single jump, high as possible plyos instead of multiple contact plyos, as there are no multiple jumps in football, just single explosive jumps. i have since added some low box drops onto floor up to an 18 inch box to help with shortening my contact time.

Originally posted by nightmare4dalso, i choose to focus on single jump, high as possible plyos instead of multiple contact plyos, as there are no multiple jumps in football, just single explosive jumps. i have since added some low box drops onto floor up to an 18 inch box to help with shortening my contact time.

nightmare4d, could you let me know what height are you using for your low box (the box you drop off)?

I’m trying to shorten my SSC and have just started doing plyos but I don’t use a second box to jump onto and I think I’m using too much height for the first box.

Thanks.

I don’t know if you’re really curious about vertical, but you could just jump and touch a rim you know is at exactly ten and pay attention to what part of your hand hits (or forearm if you’re really good), then measure how many inches that is from the top of your finger. Then add the inches to ten feet, measure how high you can reach up to standing and do the subtraction. Its much easier than on a wall.

david

the first box is maybe 8 inches…pretty low, the key as i understand it, is spending as little time on the ground in between the boxes, not the height of either box. if you do it facing a mirror, it will look like you have a mini tramp between the boxes.

8 inches? wow, I was on 12 inches when I did these yesterday. The ground contact still seemed very short though.

excellent man, I will have to start doing those, but with the units stacked against the wall so they don’t fall over :slight_smile:

Hey Nightmare - add anymore risers to that jump? :slight_smile: