NFL Conditioning Test

Yes - it’s like watching the 1500m in the decathlon at the Olympics. Everyone who is on the podium is essentially “jogging” the last event as it is relatively inconsequential.

Tuqiri was a beast, and litteally dominated the field after he was reinstalled in the national team that year.

Based upon his appearance alone, the coach who sent Tuqiri home for failing to run X amount of kilometers fast enough should have been fired on the spot.

Tuqiri

Tuqiri 2

He don’t look super lean…??

I wonder do the Jets perform a conditioning test?

Breaking News:

Albert out swollen knee!!!

I guess the Jet’s do have a conditioning test. How can a 185lb RB fail a conditioning test?

New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis skipped a conditioning test Sunday, hours before players are scheduled to report to training camp.

Also Sunday, the Jets’ fourth-round draft pick, running back Joe McKnight, passed a conditioning test that he initially failed.

I worked with Darrelle a few times before he left for NY and he’s an absolute machine in all physical respects. So, while I do not know what Sal’s test consists of, I’m certain that him skipping the test has nothing to due with his physical condition.

Funny you say this because when you look at Darrelle he don’t wow you - similar to Curtis Martin but they both were very good football players and made plays.

I’m guessing that you haven’t seen either of them up close and in person. I obviously have and, while this is a subjective matter, they look impressive to me.

You misunderstood me, I’m talking about physical numbers - they didn’t run 4.2-4.3 and jump 43inches etc. People always said Curtis wasn’t the biggest, strongest, fastest but was a great football player.

Did anybody see Mike Golic run the 300yd shuttle and hear Merril Hodges’ comments that the test was ‘specific’ to football?

Yes, this is true.

I agree 100%.

I saw that shit, he false started every single time.

//youtu.be/CPbU9S4Lvhs

The only thing I noticed is that it looked like he wasn’t touching the line on the turns lol

I was just dumbfounded by Merril Hodges pseudo-reasons that the 300yd shuttle is ‘specific’ to football.

One comment he said (this isn’t exact, but along the lines) ‘This drill is really specific because its about starting and stopping, and being able to recovery in between plays’

No one will ever run 300yds continuously in American Football.

I think the NFL network team said it best, it test will power and mental toughness. I’m all for it because I have seen tough teams kick the shit out of more talented teams.

Are they going to put Golic on the D-line? I’d like to see that.

Albert finally passed the test, I doubt it - the coaches probably did some magic with the stopwatch.