NFL Combine

Ole Miss WR D.K. Metcalf recorded 27 reps on the bench press at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Metcalf (6’3/228) lifting more like an offensive lineman or a strong running back (Jalin Moore turned in 27 reps on Thursday) than a wide receiver. He has yet to even test in earnest beyond the bench, but already has turned heads with his physical prowess since arriving in Indianapolis. NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport passed along on Thursday that Metcalf has just 1.6-percent body fat. He could threaten the 4.3’s in the 40-yard dash when he runs this weekend. Just a physical freak.

Really??? 1.6%

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/2/11/18220806/d-k-metcalf-picture-size-nfl-draft

1.6% We all that’s a typo…Machine malfunction…Or whatever

He showed up and showed out.

Ole Miss WR D.K. Metcalf ran a 4.33 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine.
The official video can be viewed in the link below. Per the NFL Media Research Department, it was the fastest 40-time of any player to weigh 225-plus pounds since data was first tracked in 2003. Of note, Metcalf ran faster than speedy special-teams ace Devin Hester (4.43), benched more (27 reps) than Skins LT Trent Williams (23), and recorded a higher vertical (40.5-inches) than Odell Beckham Jr. (38.5"). Cleverly dubbed “Batman” by NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah, Metcalf is expected to be the first receiver selected in April.

Ole Miss guys ran well during the combine… I’m sure you guy’s noticed but alot of guy’s starts & the way they run was God Aweful bad!

Mississippi State EDGE Montez Sweat clocked in at an official time of 4.41 seconds on his 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine.
The time is a new Combine record for a defensive lineman in the 40. Sweat (6’5 3/4", 260) is projected by many scouts to be a Day 1 selection in this spring’s draft, and recording a time like this can only improve his stock. The Mississippi State product, who tallied 21 reps in the bench press earlier this weekend, has been given a “should become an instant starter” grade by NFL.com.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ed-oliver?id=32194f4c-4929-0385-df1c-0f8e40559b5a

Ed oliver went to my highschool in texas - 36in vj and 10ft broad jump is great for a guy almost weighing 300lbs.

Ole miss strength coach is a Gayle hatch/ Tommie moffit guy i think.

I think tech in those short explosive sprints is overrated… Big time strength and putting force into the ground.

DK Metcalf came from a very athletic family - we all remember his uncle Eric metcalf Nfl RB who ran track.

Metcalf also had a distinguished career in track and field. In high school, he was a standout long jumper and sprinter, and still has the seventh longest distance ever posted indoors by an American high schooler with a jump of 7.75 meters. He also recorded personal-bests of 10.54 seconds in the 100 meters and 21.34 in the 200 meters.

He set the University of Texas at Austin’s long jump record (still current) at 8.44 m (27.7 ft). He won the NCAA National Long Jump Championship in 1986 and 1988 and the SWC Long Jump titles in 1986 and 1987. He was also the Us Jr. National Long Jump Champion in 1986 and 1987. He earned the distinction of being a five-time All-American and in 1988 competed in the USA Olympic Trials, finishing 8th overall.

Yep… Paul Jackson I do believe is a Hatch/Moffitt guy…
But man I swear the Ole Miss guys just looked different than the other guys… Alot of these “Speed Guru’s” or Combine prep guy’s should be hiding under a couch

Also, I had no idea Eric Metcalf ran track… Explains alot… Especially his long jump record… Also didn’t know he was at the 88 trials… My coach was on the 80/84 boycotted team (I can’t remember which 1 was boycotted)…

Do you know Paul Jackson?

//youtu.be/XT2gQfnxQwY

Montez Sweat is a freak as is Jeffrey Simmons.

If Mississippi was smart enough to have one college team that team would be Bamaesque.

On one MS team you would most likely have had:

DK Metcalf
Montez Sweat
AJ Brown
Jeffrey Simmons
Derek Lodge
Johnthan Abrams

All on one team.

Plus a couple Olinemen who will make it in early rounds.

//youtu.be/r40dNLdkuzM

//youtu.be/fv9t6SV2wG8

Nice. I like doing wall drills with my son to get the feel of low heel recovery and knees to the chest in accel.

Ole Miss recruits (and pays) talented athletes.

Ole Miss hasn’t developed players very well in the last few years. I hope DK does great in the NFL, but he doesn’t appear to be a Julio or CJ yet, at least with regard to his position skills.

It’s all about getting drafted by the right team. All of these players are “system” players.

Makes sense. Glad teams are more open to that, now.

You guys are both right!! There are some “system” players… I’m working with some guys on their pro day from U of Mich, Iowa State, U of Buffalo, Grand Valley St…
An the stories they have to tell… Oh man…

People sleeping on Ed. 4.7 40yd legit.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024644/article/houston-cougars-ed-oliver-turns-in-prolific-pro-day

Dude is explosive!!

He also worked out as a linebacker. Top 5 pick back in August but people started to knock him down because of his height. His jumps translate to his 40 - not always the case.