Next Designer Whey Protein; Tastes like Puke

I’ve had a Next Designer Whey Protein Orginal; and I regret not getting the Choclate one. As of right now, I’ve been trying to miss it with everything, and it still tastes horrible.

I’ve tried Water. Dumb idea.

I’ve tried Milk. I’ve told myself to suck it up and drink it, which I have done.

I’ve tried Gatorade. That doesnt go too well. Tastes worst than water.

Anyone with ideas?

Anything that can kill the taste of this, there has to be some miracle drink out there that can “purify” the puke taste. Thanks guys.

Sounds to me like you are just not very tolerant of that good old “protein” flavor. I’ve never had a problem with Designer Whey. I often find that protein supps get too sweet for me, as well.

It is by far, the worst taste I have ever experienced. Last time I puked, it tasted better. This is just foul. Is it possible to just put pure sugar with the mix without effecting the protein? I’m looking at the sugar as a source of carbohydrates and I’m hoping that it “might” help my body dissolve it faster.

It’s just the taste; Designer Whey is actually one of the better tasting ones. You just have to suck it down, you’ll get used to it.

I found out of all the different brands I’ve used, Optimum Nutrition’s 100% whey protein powder tastes the best. It tastes fine with either water or milk. Easy to mix too with a spoon and you get about 80 servings for a 5 pound container.

There is no reason you can’t find a GOOD tasting protein powder nowadays. Just ask the retailer for samples before you buy. SOOO much to choose from.

Agreed. There are so many out there, it’s not like you HAVE to buy one that makes you wanna throw up.

I just want to finish this bottle though.

I’ve been dreading this 2.1 bottle that it has lasted so long :frowning:

Going to try orange juice with it tommorow. I’ll tell you how it goes.

I user designer protien and it taste great to me. try this:

1 cup frozen peaches/ or mixed tropical fruit
1 cup low fat milk
half of a very ripe banana
maybe a few ounces of OJ
1 or 2 scoops of designer protien…

Had the same problem when I used to use Designer Whey. Gym owner suggested throwing in some Crystal Light powder to mask the taste when using it with water. Worked fairly well at killing the taste.

I second that. I am IMPRESSED.