New Taper DVD From Charlie Francis - Peaking When it Counts

It takes you through the process of peaking. It may not be the exact template allowed by a schedule but peaking when it counts and understanding how to go about it is surely of value across all sports.

Do you really peak for team sports since you have to be at a peak every week over a 3-4month period?

Is the World Cup Final the same as a season game? There are less options but they still exist.

I don’t mind thinking, its that thinking where the role of judgement is paramount and the problems involved are indeterminate that troubles me. Take a look the two images I’ve included. In the first example notice how easily it is to overlook something.
In the second notice how the mind resists change even when confronted with solid evidence.
Put the two together and problems arise.

Don’t get me wrong I think your training methods are the best on the market…end of! But for alot of people who’ve been on the site for a while, the next step is a working, fluid system. Case in Point, I have pulled my hamstring 5 times following your system. This is a result of my interpretation of your materials-of my thinking, which I know to be sound. There are things missing.

But judgement is so much fun! If only I could come up with some good theories and research on it.

I don’t understand your first image, what is it trying to say?

[QUOTE=CLJACKSON04]I don’t mind thinking, its that thinking where the role of judgement is paramount and the problems involved are indeterminate that troubles me. Take a look the two images I’ve included. In the first example notice how easily it is to overlook something.
In the second notice how the mind resists change even when confronted with solid evidence.
Put the two together and problems arise.

Don’t get me wrong I think your training methods are the best on the market…end of! But for alot of people who’ve been on the site for a while, the next step is a working, fluid system. Case in Point, I have pulled my hamstring 5 times following your system. This is a result of my interpretation of your materials-of my thinking, which I know to be sound. There are things missing. /QUOTE]

Clearly, you are as unable to interpret training instructions and interpolate the training of world record holders to your needs as you are to follow the simplest rule we have here- no drug discussions. (which I removed)

Are you sure he’s got anything to say? Can you outline your experiences with the system?

And of what you’ve removed? Was it an Invalid point?

I am not paying to interpolate the training of world record holders to my needs 1. They run counter to CFTS, and 2. I can do that from my own data sources.
I suppose I see that these videos can be improved by focusing on the underlying principles that undergrid the CFTS rather than the methods used.

Example one has THE articles repeated twice.

Example two-try looking at it from right to left, again the mind resists change.

do you really think that is warranted?

I actually thought he raised some valid points and his example was a good one. Maybe the context and some of his wording wasn’t quite right but to ban someone who is trying to improve their understanding seems a bit harsh IMHO…just as it would be to ban someone who commented on it.

I understand exactly where he is coming from, all the pieces of the puzzle are their but they just don’t quite seem to fit. :mad:

CLJackson do you have the Vancouver 04 DVD?

Why not simply go and spend time and do an internship with Charlie and get all your questions answered specifically to what you need?

My own interpretation is that certain individuals are a much stronger “organism” as a whole than other individuals. I have noticed in my training group that some can tolerate almost 2x the workload of the other individuals. I think there are many factors influencing this such as overall lifestyle and daily stressors not related to training. If I took Charlie’s GPP or SPP charts (training loads) and dumped them on my entire team I think that about 2 may be able to handle it and the rest would end up injured like yourself. Also note that we have nutritional and therapy systems that leave much to be desired.

Remember train smarter, not harder. The most frustrated athletes I know are the ones that worked the hardest always trying to do everything and then some.

That may not be a finacially viable option for everyone but I understand there was talk of a European seminar at some stage so between that Aus and his ones in Canada most bases are covered. I found the DVD’s and books help with 90% of what I needed and the seminar added the 10% that pulled it together, my understanding of the DVDs and books has increased post seminar. …I appreciate that may have been a reflection of my poor understanding before hand.

That’s the whole point isn’t it?

I can vouch for that from personal experience. :frowning:

The volume of work CF outlines can be a factor but then that is where you need to be able to look and adjust based upon how the athlete is responding and where they are at.

In my own case I am using his DVD GPP plan but putting it over 10 weeks instead of 7 then using his 100/200 L-S plan although my focus is 200 / 400. Same sort of thing with my daughter who is 13, take the relevant bits and apply those in the context.

Who ever said it was easy? :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re right! You’re not paying to be a member here and you are trashing a product you haven’t bought and know nothing about.

Yes but remember many of the people who buy your products are not elite as there are probably a few dozen elite sprinter potential customers in the entire world and 100,000+ beginner/novice/intermediate sprinter potential customers. I think a lot of beginners buy your products, try to cut and paste the sample work into their own training, and find it too much even though they are advised that it’s just a sample of an elite system.

Edit: I think what cljackson was saying is that it may be helpful to provide comments on how to adapt the advised training to be more appropriate for a lower level sprinter.

Your post portion was not edited by me.
I try to provide info that can be interpreted to suit individuals, the vast majority of whom are not elite. you know that as well as anyone. Do you have a complaint as to the guidance I’ve provided to you?

The other thing to remember here is that a ten day taper product is fairly far up the performance ladder as lower level atheltes might need a shorter taper period.

Übermensch oder Götzen-Dämmerung?

I own or have viewed all the DVD’s and Books by CF.

Remember there is a difference between a professional debate and quarrelsomeness.

Then maybe you want to take this over to the debates section so others can try to find out what this DVd is all about