New Taper DVD From Charlie Francis - Peaking When it Counts

hahaha thanks for the insight charlie

yeah first thing i thought when i went to kelowna for a race was how much muscle hypertrophy nathan, especially ed welch had

You certainly see this during the taper where bench press feels very easy. I can almost always get a PB in bench during the taper period. I think it’s quite a good measure of recovery.

I assume this is a linear enoder that shows acceleration through different parts of the jump. What differences do you see with CNS stress and what encoder do you use?

Cheers,

TC

Dyna-Biopsy.

F/T curve values (every 5 ms) and intermuscular coordination.

That’s a name I heard before. AC Milan has is as a measure of readiness along with OW. How much is it?

Yes, exactly the same machine.

I have been using it since the year 2000.

It’s € 3500, but I guess I could get it for less.

Can you give me a link to the supplier? I’ve googled it but everything is in Italian and it’s mainly research papers.

EDIT:

Ok I have found the link to the product

http://www.polymed.it/dyna.htm but it is in Italian! Not much more info is presented.

http://www.polymed.it/contatti.htm

OK so how do you use it? It has lights that seem to go green when you are at optimal knee angle for maximum jump height - am I correct? What differences do you see with athletes who are CNS drained? Do they dip lower?

The athlete begins the descent with the green light, stop at the orange one and jumps at the red one. The jumping angle is set at 115-125° but it can be set manually, too. That is useful for athletes with very poor ankle mobility (like some soccer players).

TC, I am not willing to go into the details on how I get the infos from the device, sorry.

No problem thanks for your help so far and for contributing to the discussion.

I have tried to ‘search’ - no luck.

Somewhere in the Forum, I think Charlie referred to ‘bench’ as the best way to ‘fire up’ the CNS before a major competition. WHEN (day before?) and HOW (sets/reps)?

Is this part of the Tapering DVD?

Some discussion of this I believe is on the Vancouver 2004 DVD as well as Forum Review.

You can also see it being done in the Taper DVd available from Derek (number2)

Great download Derek!

Thanks - the timing was just perfect to visit with Charlie and do the real-time 10 day taper. I don’t believe you will find anything like this anywhere on the market. It is a unique opportunity to see how it is done by a professional.

NumberTwo, how much therapy was this athlete getting with the workloads displayed on the graphs. Is this what you normally do in SPP1 - Day 1: Split 60’s, Day 2: Speed, Day 3: Special Endurance 150-250’s?

At that time probably 1-2 massages per week. We had a big training group and I was doing all the massage so some weeks I only managed one good session per week for therapy. That was when I was younger and when I had much more energy.

My two cents, I think you should stick with the setup you presented in the bobsled thread. When you are not a full time athlete it’s very difficult to perform three speed sessions at those “TV” without at least one therapy session per week.