new program, season ends

k sorry, thanks alot though.

can someone please explain to me waht this means for tomorrows workout that ima do?

REPETITION LIFT – Work up to 3 sets of max reps, rest 60 seconds between sets.

Barbell bench press (max reps on 95lbs., 135lbs., 185lbs. or 225lbs)

can somone explain to me in detail plz waht i have to do. i dont really understand what the rep range are how much weight i should use … :confused:

That’s pretty explanatory in itself… If you are gonna do a repetition lift, it would be 3 sets of the maximum number of repetitions you can do with that certain weight you use; i.e. on the bench press, you either use 95 lbs, 135, 185, or 225… Hope that helped

It also depends on what your max is, and I think yours is like 165? So basically you would perform the barbell benchpress for 3 sets to failure with 60 sec between the sets.

kobe i think you should focus a little bit more on basketball itself like playing AAU thats how you get better

i choose a weight not to close to my max right

Yes, the weight should not be near your maximum weight. You want to be able to get out reps, hence the name of the day is Repetition Day. What are your 1RM’s?

i i really dont know sorry, probably 140…one more thing…sorry but do u guys ever feel it a bit more in one chest more than the other while benching since one shoulder is stronger than the other…is that normal

hey guys…today was my lower body day but i didnt do it…i ws plannin on doing it but i fell asleep cuz i was real tired…then when i woke up my gym was already closed. should i do my workout tomorrow (sunday) but then i have upperbody workout on monday…is that ok though…would that be too much for two days or something man im confused i dont know what to do…like will my cns fry if i do that

please i have no idea what to do

it says work up to a max set of 5 reps for squats…so i should start off with a weight where i can do like 10 right? then keep adding weight til i can only do 5?

Ok - first… on what happens if you miss a day. If youre doing the program verbatim, then just go ahead and do the same workout the next day. You’ll still have plenty of time to recover.
Second lets say your 5 rm was 225.
a good progression would be
Set 1 5xbar
Set 2 5x95
Set 3 5x115
Set 4 5x135
Set 5 5x155
Set 6 5x175
Set 7 5x185
Set 8 5x205
Set 9 5x225 or try 5x235
this way you get the neccesary volume.
if you are worried you’ll be too tired to do a max set, then I’d suggest doing sets 4-8 for 3 reps instead of 5.
A good rule of thumb for ME is a total of 5-10 total sets. this should take you about 20 minutes to work up to - a neat little trick I’ve noticed is that if I hit that top set right at the 20 min mark, more often than not (60%) I hit PRs or I feel much more confident with my former PR (30%). Only 1 in 10 times do I hit it at 20 mins and not do well.
I think the Bulgarians figuredout something about T-levels being elevated right around here.

also - you should fly through the other movements - short rest there is a good thing

Hope this helps.
Do you lift alone? If so, I highly suggest having training partners. it just helps. I don’t know why, but it does.

wait so ur saying do 9 sets?

and about me missin the saturday workout…ya i did it today instead(sunday) but i wont hurt my cns that much right since tomorrow i have high intensity upperbody for defrancos program…

and also today while i was squattingmy form was good but on some reps i just didnt feel like i was going in a fluid motion…i couldnt get down that much but i think its cuz i havent done squats for likr 6 weeks cuz i was in season with my basketball team…is that normal? people who workout dont have like 100% crisp form right? cuz i always worry about that

No, no one has 100% crisp form all the time, especially after layoffs. You just have to try to get good form and keep striving for it. This will especially become important once you are stronger.

Your CNS will definitely be fine.

k thanks alot…hey waht do u guys think about the NBA power and conditioing book…it sounds really good to me or is there BS written in there that athletes shouldnt follow?

also should i still do mondays workout for upperbody even if my traps or my forearms are sore from squats since the bars on my traps and usually the nexy day it feels stiff and a bit sore and my forearms are sore from holding the bar, but thats IF those do occur tomorrow should i still do the workout

man i dont get it !!! its morning now and my legs are sore except my right glute is sore and my left isnt!!!

Kobe my friend, this is paralysis by analysis.
I said 5-10 sets for ME. My example happened to be 9 sets. you can check that by reading Jim Wendler’s first Force Training article over at elitefts.
I don’t think that’s your biggest problem though.
As an old guy once told me -
Shut up and Squat.
Just get in there and do it. quit worrying about every little g-d damn thing and lift. or run. or shoot, or whatever.

im just asking why right glute is sore and my left isnt…is it cuz my left is stronger or something…?