New Member and lack of access to track

Hi everyone. I’ve been a lurker here for a while and have read a lot of posts and bought some of the ebooks from the site.

Presently I don’t have access to a track but do have a football (soccer) field I can train by. The length of the pitch is 120m lengthways.

I have used it before to run/sprint up and down 5x240m with 2-3 minutes recovery between sets and then finish my sessions with weighted calisthenics press ups, pull ups and dips.

I used to train the 400m and was 3mile cross country at school. I quite strong but don’t have access to weights at the moment either would anyone be able to give me any advice about structuring my training?

This is an outline of what I had done or something was I intending to do.

Monday: 5k/3mile run- calisthenics
Tuesday: 5x 240m - weighted calisthenics
Wednesday: 5k/3 mile run - calisthenics
Thursday: 8 x 120m - Weighted calisthenics
Friday : 5k/3 mile run - calisthenics

Weekends rest

Thanks.

What is your plan and goal?
How old are you?
What products did you like?

Thanks for the reply.

I bought

Speed Trap
CFTS
Building a champion sprinter
Lactic Acidosis Tolerance Training (400m)

I found the CFTS interesting but need to look at the others properly.

I’m in my late 30s. I’m considering doing a masters 400m race. I used to do a lot of Martial arts training. I can lift competently but I don’t have access to a track or heavy weights at the moment. I want to improve and maintain speed as I “ mature” :joy:

Have you seen any of the training templates for the 100m or 200m or 400m?
Charlie hand held a few coaches and walked them through one idea based on his experiences and even though Charlie hated recipes for training, it gives many people a starting point to mature and or grow with and from.

Based on working with masters athletes and watching Charlie work throughout our time together I will pass along a few comments we used to talk about regarding how to get results for masters seekers.

Less is generally more. Have a plan, stick to routine training protocols, spend a lot of time regenerating as it’s harder to “get away with” no regeneration as we age and always be prepared to have alternative plans regarding how you will work around daily, weekly and micro cycle goals which may not be getting met.

The training manual and Speed Trap have a lot of training info in each and the stories allow you to apply what will work for you. Everyone talks about how CHarlie’s methods are repeatable. Don’t forget the art and science of training. Charlie was after all a very creative and artistic person and was one of the best sprinters in the world.