My Sprint Training Journal + WS4SB

lol guys

Personal record today:

Due to Senri, I was motivated enough to down my Animal Pak in 2 goes.

As for today’s training:

8x150 hill sprints

And then me and my friends played some football and afterwards raced each other 5 times in the 100…I came 2nd and 3rd for all the races…shit…

And as for Canada, you dudes could smoke weed legally. Haha whats good with that pahtnah?

heheeh great, i have 2 animal pak containers i get them free, so i got used to taking them. Weed is still severly limited in jurisdictions, i’m sure when my generation gets in the political hotseat it will be legal, then we will be making lots of money and the economy should get a boost.

Drug money -_-

Thank god I’m track now.

Smoking is a thing of the past. Only type of smoking that I ever did was hookah as well.

You get APs for free? How is that?

OK guys today is my off day but I got some news for you guys.

I’M GONNA TRY OUT FOR MY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM!!

I want that Starting Safety spot. There is only one more available. My boy Gus has been playing Safety for the team for 3 years already and this will be his 4th and final year.

As I am going to be a senior, I do not want to ride the bench for the season. I WANT THAT SAFETY SPOT.

I do not know how this is going to affect my training yet but we will see.

Safeties are obviously defensive backs, so it’s more or less speed oriented, which is the reason I want to be a safety (also because I want to knock a motherfucker down hahaha). The cornerbacks are locked so I won’t be going for those spots.

I WANT THAT STARTING SAFETY SPOT GUYS. This is my last year in HS time to make it worth it. Im not going to have a chance in college football since track is all I am going to do in college, so this is a one shot opportunity.

Today: Did 6-5-4-3-2’s again. Rested 2-3 mins between each.

as soon as you take the risk out of growing and selling it’ll be 50$ an ounce

Today: My linebacker let me in to the gym as a guest for one day.

He made me work my shoulders for a good 45 minutes.

After that, did the real work.

Did 6x200’s with 2-3 mins rest. And I did way better for sure since me and my teammate decided to run it together instead of taking turns.

Since he runs a 26, I was right behind him running a 27, 28 easily for 6 times.

Well, all I need is a down payment of 40-50 bucks and I got me the gym membership. I could pay the rest off as the year goes on. So that’s what I am going to do.

Last Week:

Tuesday: Was at the beginning of what would be a 8x400 extensive session when my friend/teammate fell onto the track grabbin his calf. It turned out to be a torn right calf from his MRIs.

We did 2 400s…

Wednesday: 6x150 hill sprints

Saturday: 6x150 hill sprints

This week:

Monday: FIRST DAY OF TRACK TRAINING CAMP BEING HELD AT JAMAICA HIGH SCHOOL.

The coaches are Coach Taylor (former Olympic hurdler who said he previously held the 400m hurdle record), Coach Coles (coach of the Girls Jamaica team, winner of 3 straight borough titles) and Coach Martin (Thomas Jefferson High School coach)

I learned a lot of new drills and stretching. We did plyos and hurdles and etc.

Later that day…I hit the track on my own and ran 6 200s…

Tuesday: Was tired from trainiing camp and didnt feel like doing anything extensive because it was too nice and hot outside. Felt like doing something intensive. But I just stayed home and relaxed instead.

Wednesday:The coaches tested our max in the weight room. Since I didnt work out in 2 months, I had a good showing, being Top 3 or 5 in every workout…

I leg pressed 383 and coach stopped me there because he wanted me ‘improve’ when there was only one more block to go which would have made it 400…and obviously, I have the strongest legs in camp…

We also did hurdles, long jump, triple jumps, bounding, plyos, and high jumps today. Track and field is exciting when you learn how to do all the other events.

Later on…I did my 6x150 hills

Thursday:Training camp again…did weights for fun since the coaches will put us into a program by Monday…did incline dumbbell presses for 3/12 and was only short for shoulder db presses 1/12 because we had to hit the track and do hurdles and high jumps again.

If anything, I feel good with hurdles because it allows me to make strides bigger and my hips feel more flexible.

Im gonna take most of the stuff I am learning here back to my school and teach my team how to train for real. I can obviously see that our coaches dont give a shit about track from all the stuff I am learning here.

Saturday: Instead of 6x150 hill sprints, I did 12x100.

Good work man,

Those 200’s are way quicker than the ones you were doing a few weeks back.

Thanks Chupa…my goal is the MVP and a 24-26 for the 200 for my senior year…and the starting safety for the football team…that’s all…

And good news, track camp gives us access to the weight room. But the coaches only allow us to lift 75% of max for 3 sets of 10…

So…

Monday: Track camp…did some long jumps, high jumps, hurdle drills…

Then hit the weight room.

Upper body day:

Bench press, 115 lbs: 3/10
Shoulder press, 2 30 lb dumbbells (easier with barbells and it showed): 3/10, 6, 4
Barbell Curl, 45 lbs: 3/10
Upright Row, 45 lbs: 3/10
Lat Pulldown, 80 lbs: 3/10

Evening: Hit the track, did 5x200.

Today, Tuesday:

Same stuff…hurdles, long jumps, high jumps, plyometrics…etc…

Lower Body Day:
Leg Press, 280 lbs (maxed out the machine at 400): 3/10
Leg Extension, 100 lbs: 2/10, Third set I was pumped up and wanted to show off to the coach, maxed out the machine 150 lbs 10 reps…lol
Leg Curl, 80 lbs: 3/10
Dips (not my thing, I suck…): 3 sets of 4…

Evening Track Session:
6x300 and 150 abs

Believe it or not, my upper body still got a workout from those 3 sets of 10 reps…Im sore as hell…and naturally, my lower body is sore from all those jumping/plyometric drills and Im sure it will be sore tomorrow because of lower body day today…

I got my MuscleMilk and Fast Twitch (Kre-Alkalyn Creatine) and used it for camp session along with my Animal Pak. I was way more pumped up and energized.

Here’s to me hoping to gain 5 lbs of muscle mass by end of August. Football ready. Track ready…MVP ready…

Oh yeah, I was pretty sure the recovery time and stamina thing was a big reason too due to the fact I have never done this type of thing before. Now that my body is more used to it, it works…

Wednesday: Did some hurdles, high jumps, long jumps, javelins, discus, the usual…etc…

We didn’t time our station right so we did not have time to hit the weight room. Instead, since it was upper body day, we did body weight stuff.

In no order:
15 incline pushups, 15 decline pushups, 25 pushups (55 so far), goal was to do 100, so I couldn’t gut out the 45th pushup, I stayed at 99.

Same story with dips…100 dips…

Abs…I didnt keep count but it was around the 150-200 range…

Evening track session: I bumped into my teammates, the girls track captain and the captain of the wrestling team (runs a 5:40 mile…).

It was hills day, but they decided to do 200’s instead. They stopped after 2 200’s and I kept going.

I was supposed to do 8 200’s, but I had a grilled chicken sandwich before I came to the track…so you know what happened…I stopped after the 5th 200.

So: 5x200

Monday: Didn’t go track in the afternoon, had to babysit.

Did 6x200s in the evening and 150 abs as cooldown.

Tuesday: The usual stuff at camp.

Lower body day:
Leg Press (280, 280, 297): 3/10
Leg Extensions (80, 100, 150): 3/10
Leg Curls (50 lbs): 3/10
Dips: 3 x 4
Situps: 3/30

Evening: Extensive sprint straights/jog curves 2000m

Wednesday: Camp. You know the drill man…

Upper Body Day:
Bench Press 115 lbs: 3/10
Max lift 4th set- 6 x 145 today…gotta get my power back man…

Shoulder Press 65 lbs: 3/10
Bicep Curls 50 lbs: 3/10
Lat Pulldown 100 lbs: 3/10
Upright Rows 50 lbs: 3/10

Evening: 8x150-200 hill repeats. 120 abs cooldown

Today: Camp lower body.

Leg Press (297, 314, 331): 3/10
Leg Extensions (80, 100, 150): 3/10
Dips: 3 x 4
Situps: 3 x 30

Friday: Ext. tempo 8x400…average 1:15

Goal for a real 400 is under 55 seconds…

Do you do your ext tempo work on grass, or on a track?

Also how long did you rest btwn 400m reps?

I do my ext on the track. 90 second to 2 min rest.

I do hills on grass but that’s obvious.

As for today…

Camp, hurdles…

Weight room:

Bench Press (115 lbs :frowning: I dont care what coach says Im going to do big weights Wednesday)- 3/10

Shoulder Press (65 lbs) - 3/10

Arm Curls (65lbs) - 3/10

Upright Row (45 lbs, last set 65) - 3/10

Ran out of time for the lat pulldown machine…But this sucks I WANT SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS!!

Anyway, the evening…
5x200s followed by 200 abs.

Today: Camp…did a lot of hurdle stuff today. I pulled my left hip after I cleared the 39" hurdle lol. I cant fully lift my left leg but it doesn’t affect my sprinting. It’s probably strained or sore but either way it shouldn’t take a long time to recover.

Today was lower body day for the weights.

Leg Extensions (100, 120, 150): 3/10
Leg Curls (50, 70, 80): 3/10
Leg Press (314, 331, 348): 3/10
Weighted Situps (45 lb plate): 10, 12, 15
Dips: 3 x 5

At the track:
Extensive tempo on grass…I felt less stress on my shins and feet…felt good Chupa:

Did a lader of 300-200-100 followed by a 100-200-300 and last set 300-200-100

I felt good afterwards. No ill effects from my left hip pull as I dont need to lift my knees up that high to feel the strain.

Wednesday: Camp…

Upper Body:
Bench Press 3/10
Shoulder Press: 3/10
Arm Curls: 3/10
Upright Row: 3/10
Lat Pulldown: 3/10
Triceps Pushdown: 2/10

Evening:

Tried out the small hills and did 6 repeats.

It seems as if the hill is about 80m long so I did 6 repeats with a 2 min recovery.

Monday: Back to work baby. Had a busy weekend.

Afternoon: Last of week of Camp begins…Upperbody day…the usual…

Bench Press: 3/10
Shoulder Press: 3/10
Lat Pulldown: 3/10
Arm Curls: 3/10
Upright Row: 3/10

We have a competition on Wednesday against the other camp that is a part of this. We are required to do three events: 1 running, 1 throwing, and 1 jumping.

Im going to do:

-the 150m since I dont have great acceleration for the 50m.
-javelin throw
-for jumping, I dont know yet between long jump and triple jump.

Evening session:

Did 9x200s instead of 8 because of a long break between the 3rd and 4th due to the fact my teammates came late.

Afterwards, only did 100 abs.

Had the meet today. Last day of camp today.

I did the 60m hurdles, the 150m dash, and the 3rd leg of 4x100m relay.

I eased up a little bit on the 150 near the end and finished with a 20.4. I was looking at an 18.9-19.1 if I didn’t ease up. The fat kid beat me…damn…I was pissed.

Well, that was pretty much a preview for what I have to do to get ready for next season.

I gotta start training harder. Back to work Friday, and I mean work!! No more 85-90% effort 200s. Im gonna go 95% and all out!