My sprint mechanics don’t look as good as I thought :-(

Well yesterday I recorded my last four sprints of my acceleration day and this was these were the results: My mechanics have not improved, my knee lift looks too low,minimal frontside mechanics, and my turnover looks sooooooooooooo slow….Please give me some feedback…I will post the videos later

//youtu.be/w2NTFq4n98A

its really difficult to comment but from what i can see it looks ok. knee lift will happen as its a natural reflex from ground forces so just pump and step over. leg speed will happen also if yu let it and so too for acceleration. dont push- let it happen would love to see side view

ok its uploading on youtube now

//youtu.be/s9SdUxf6Kgs

you can’t really see it very well so I’m gonna find something to sit it on so I can move it farther away on friday :slight_smile: Would still love to here feedback from these videos then I can post new videos on friday after getting some advice.

and if you can, edit out the dead space. Most camera’s come with editing software which is easy to use and you can use something like Windows Movie Maker to 1/2 speed if you want. Refer to
//youtu.be/2RH7_EWa0kQ
which was done using a cheap Canon still camera’s video function and the software that came with it. Sat the camera on a steeples hurdle.

Re mechanics, in the 30m knee lift is going to deceptive anyway as you are accelerating. X-Man always has good advice so follow that.

ok thanks john I will post more videos on saturday or sunday

get someone to hold the camera and follow you running instead of getting a blur acrross the screen

ok I will thanks

Izzle

I have been thinking about your first run you posted for us to watch and I have been wondering why you are jogging back to run your sprint?
When you post your next run please include your warmup and the the body of your workout as clearly as possible.
( for example)
4 sets of 10 meters/ walk back recovery = this means you would be doing 4 sets of runs over 10 meters with walk back recovery between sets.
( I have a hard time undestanding how some people write their traiing and what do they mean exactly)

Ok I will make sure I do that…thanks

I’m gonna post another video later but don’t laugh because I’m gonna have a dust mask on

Hey, you look like a good athlete! Don’t be so hard on yourself- I don’t see anyone else out there busting their ass at the track at dusk.

Thanks I really appreciate that :slight_smile: I just have very high standards for myself.

//youtu.be/KCrVKHJ0Luc
This is just for tips on technique…Please excuse the music my girlfriend was jaming lolz :slight_smile: