My Relationship with my Coach (Crisis)

Yeah you are right. Lynford Christie and others don’t train CF style but still become successful anyways. =)

John, you are a GENIUS. Did you know that?

OH! … Perfect =P
I get what you mean now.

Thanks,
Wu Gong Heng

Again… John, I LOVE YOU.

I have never thought of that option!!! Let’s see if he agrees to disagree too =P

x3
Wu Gong Heng

…Anyways could anyone interested or willing help me out in making an effective presentation by giving me sources/quotes/examples to support our thesis that developing speed requires optimal, long rests?

Thoughts appreciated!
x3 Wu Gong Heng

I know it it’s just everyone else that is slow to catch on :stuck_out_tongue:

FYI I know about this sort of thing as I piss peple off all the time, most of the time I don’t even have to try. :o

One thing I forgot to tell you… he is only one coach that I have. I also have a female coach who does the sprints, but he’s the head coach. (It’s better to piss a head coach more than my sprint coach, eh? JK)

x3 Wu Gong Heng

Coaching should be:

1. Athlete centred
  2. Goal Orientated
  3. Coach driven

Take from that what you will. It really isnt about the coach, it is about the athlete. You can plan more effectively with a goal in mind. The coach should inspire and push the athlete toward his/her goals.

Guys and Gals,
My current plan is to meet with him (and maybe the other coaches some other time) and I’m gonna present my ideas. Ultimately, I think the best solution was proposed by John; he said: “Option 3 You agree to disagree and he allows you to train ‘your’ way all the time and live with the consequences?”
I want to know your ideas about this. I think it is better than having a compromise–I train on Saturdays to maintain speed while I just shut the f’ up during practices and follow whatever he says I think is wrong– in a way that I won’t feel like I lost; I wouldn’t feel like a doormat. If we agree to disagree, and if he allows me to train my way all the time and live with the consequences, then two things would probably result:

1. I perform better than last year, which is achieving our goal–better performance.
  2. I don’t perform as well, which would probably make me more considerate of his training knowledge and experience. Good for him =)
    So either way it’s all good.

Now, the question is… how can I definitely/probably/surely convince him to go pick Option 3?
What if he says no during our meeting? Do I just follow what he says in future practices and be a “good boy”? Or do I stick to my own thing–have long rests during sprint days-- politely, regardless of what he said? Would it be best for me to have the courage to tell him that it would be unfair to me to just follow him? In that situation, should I politely remind him that I’ve considered his opinion during the meeting and after also considering my sources, I’m still not convinced? Should I say:“therefore, I would be disrespected if I do follow you, and it would be inconsiderate to me if I do follow you?” This might not be the best phrasing, but do you guys get what I say?
The thing is, we are required by the school to play two sports a year, and I really want to sprint, and thus the coaches have some form of influence over me. Therefore, quitting isn’t really an option I can consider.
Our coaches are really communistic; we all are told to run the same amount of laps regardless of individual characteristics, so he might see option 3 as unfair to other athletes (maybe?). I don’t know if what I just said previously makes sense…I’m just laying down my ideas right now. Or am I just thinking too hard?
Comments/Critiques/Advice Please?!

Thanks,
Wu Gong Heng