My incline treadmill a good idea?

I’ve had to re-examine my priority’s lately and basically; I’m going to be doing more
business/work/study and travelling over the next 6 months. I simply won’t have time to go to the track or gym for the following 6 months. Still, I remnember a treadmill machine I used to have and I’m thinking of purchasing the same one again (READ ON - IMPORTANT QUESTION)
The one good thing about this treadmill is that it actually enabled me to run fast.
It is unlike most other treadmills you can buy which only let you run at jogging pace. It is not totally smooth, (but it is easily adjusted) and it is manuall. It spins at the exact speed your legs turn, which is why; it is on an INCLINE. It is like running or sprinting a shallow hill. In fact, the last time I used it was DEC 99" and I have not got faster since then. The only thing imperfect about it in my opinion was that the running belt is only 100cm long. It is like putting your foot down just before one end and taking it off just before other end. Sometimes a little nerve racking. I did not feel I was sacrificing stride length last time round but would it stop me from developing stride length? Other than that I think it helped develope good firing patterns for acceleration, even top speed when I used it before. I’ve got to have the most conveniant/compact/dense & low volume training program possible for next 6 months. Not competing in any sport this year. Next year I plan to be back in best shape ever. Want to atleast maintain gains made thus far. Any thoughts about the incline manual treadmill?

As I understand it, the non-power treadmills are hard on the joints and attachments, since they are jerky in operation, though you’ll be the best judge, as you’ve used it successfully before.

I can ´t comment on treadmills and sprinting, but a bit on treadmills and distance running.

A long distance friend told me that a 4 minute mile pace on a treadmill was much easier than a 4 minute pace on the track.

We once did a Conconi test on good distance athletes - on the track (200m indoors) and on a treadmill. The deflection speed (the speed where Conconi says they can run a race at, roughly said) on the track and treadmill were the same, but heart rates were about 5 bpm lower (on average) on the treadmill.

I think it is because the treadmill does some of the work as the `ground ´ is moving for you, at the speed you want, as opposed to the track that does not move.

These treadmills were however, motorized, the speeds were given, and the treadmills ran at the speed. Don´t know if this helps?