My Diet

I run the 200/400m

6’0 173 lbs

train 6 days a week for about 1-2 hours on track/tempo and 1 hour in the gym. also do pysio drills, stretching etc.

comments?

10:00 1 cup milk, 1 cup oj, 14g protein powder
10:30 3 slice bread, 1 cup milk, 2 cup fruit, 1egg + 6 egg white, a few nuts
1:30 – 3:00 TRACK – 1 scoop endurox, BCAA, Glutamin during and after
3: 30 whole wheat grain, 1 cup celery w/ 2tbsp pb
5:15 ( serving meat, 2 cups veggie, 1 cup fruit, rice or bread)
8:30 ½ banana , 1 scoop protein powder, 1 cup milk, 1 cup oj, ice
9:30 – 10:30 GYM
11:00 1 fruit, 3 cups all veggie salad, soup, 5 ounces fish
12:30 Bed

i don’t know the value of most of your food (i’m italian) so i don’t know what’s your caloric intake.
same thing:

1. a lot of milk.
  2. why peanut butter just after training? is better to don’t eat fat, they slow down digestion.
    approx what is your caloric intake? and your macro ratio?
    for your activity level i think at least 3500 kcal

What are your goals?

I would recommend you look at HealthExcel’s Metabolic Typing program as a start. The question you ask is very hard to answer as there is no cookie cutter answer in food selection as food that helps one person can have a negative impact on another or “one man’s food is another man’s poison”. I have attached a link to an article written by the founder which explains how it relates to sports performance a bit.

http://www.healthexcel.com/docs/_sport1.html

If you are intersted you should read the book below for more information. The book is the basic level but can provide a start and there is also a more advanced online test which provides you the exact foods and supplements for your metabolic type. Your task would be to fine tune the recommended foods and supplement ratios. It is not easy at first as the foods may be 180 degrees from what you currently consume and takes 100% commitment, but when you get it right you will benefit. For example I cannot consume some of what you wrote as an example diet ( milk, bread, OJ …).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0767905644/ref=ed_oe_p/102-2842031-2588904

Charlie Jenks