Multiple Sclerosis

I have a freind that has Multipe Sclerosis and I was wondering, since this site is very intelligent, if there are any suplements or anything that you may take that can help with this disease. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but MS involves degeneration of the myelin sheath around neural dentrites and axons. Since myelin is primarily composed of fat, perhaps certain fats or fat-soluble nutrients would be helpful. I haven’t researched this point, but I think that would be the first place to look.

Yes, it affects myelin by de-myelinating itself and affects brain and CNS thus intereferes with nerver impulse transmission and can cause all sorts of problems with muscle control (mostly) and others. As far as supplements, i am not aware of any, but Flash raises a good idea which may warrant your friend to look into.

Thanks guys. Since she is really wanting to work out again, gain some muscle back too. I was thinking like an anti inflamitory, Maybe Udos oil, or a fish oil. Coconut oil, milk, would have some good fats. Let me know what you think, I dont know how that would work with MS though. It would be healthy overall and that might be the way to look at it.