More michigan madness? or not?

Judging from the players’ reactions to the workouts and the tone of the article, I’m assuming the runs were done at a higher intensity than tempo. :wink:

From my experience in high school conditioning, they are probably run at around 90% with short rest periods, definitely incomplete. I would imagine the coaches urge the players to run as hard as they can and they players are giving as much as will satisfy the coaches - not 100% but enough to look fast, hence my 90% guestimation.

In that case, do these workouts improve anything besides the ability to complete these specific workouts?

The other thing I’ve heard about is a possible significant volume(?) of stability/instability crap. Based upon how often I’ve seen it mentioned, I think it’s prominently featured in the program and probably much too over-valued.

I concur.

The only possibility of that type of training yielding some remnant of a positive physiological training effect is for the trainee whose physical condition is so lousy that ANY type of stimulus serves to improve upon the current state.