2 John CAPEL USA 10.28 -1.3
3 Maurice GREENE USA 10.33 -1.3
4 Ramon CLAY USA 10.38 -1.3
5 Lindel FRATER JAMAICA 10.46 -1.3
6 Mickey GRIMES USA 10.49 -1.3
7 Greg SADDLER USA 10.51 -1.3
8 Davion SPENCE JAMAICA 10.70 -1.3

yawn.

i agree. lets not buy into the trash talking.

I find it amazing that everyone can draw so many conclusions from an opening race. Is everyone smarter than me?

dazed,
the reason i am saying this is just simply becasue all the trash mo talks about he is going to run this and that and look what he does. if he just kept his mouth shut i wouldnt have this opinion of him. all i know is the times were in fact slow and he got smoked by 2 runners that are/were not even on his level. and we shall see what he runs in his next race. and chambers is another one that doesnt know how to keep his mouth shut. so much for the speed endurance he daid he was working on with remi.

I will repeat, for anyone who missed my earlier comment- No! You weren’t supposed to take my comment about me being dummer than the rest of you so seriously! You cannot draw conclusions based on opening races:
1: Mo has already shown long fitness in the 200m and only a maniac would jeapordize the season, if he gets in trouble in the conditions in Portland.
2: The harder the training has been, the longer it will take for the performance to come up.
I’m not saying that this IS the case. I’m saying that we don’t know that this ISN’T the case. We just have to wait and see.

Originally posted by QUIKAZHELL
dazed,
the reason i am saying this is just simply becasue all the trash mo talks about he is going to run this and that and look what he does. if he just kept his mouth shut i wouldnt have this opinion of him. all i know is the times were in fact slow and he got smoked by 2 runners that are/were not even on his level. and we shall see what he runs in his next race. and chambers is another one that doesnt know how to keep his mouth shut. so much for the speed endurance he daid he was working on with remi.

And Tim was going to break the world record in both Mexico and Osaka and in Mexico was beaten by an athlete who was .4 of a second slower than him going into the race. It happens. Sprinters talk themselves up. So what? It makes it interesting.

Mo said that he never wanted to run slower than 9.8x again, all it means is how motivated and aggressive he is about his season.

Althought niether Kim or John have gone sub 9.9 i wouldn’t say either one were bad athletes and you make it sound as though Mo was beaten by a high schooler.

You comments are completely over the top.

anyone know why mo switched over from nike to adidas?

i believe it had something to do with nike not meeting his demands whatever that means i think it had something to do with pay. anyway he sux… proved it today.

Oh Lord! You know Michael Johnson will use his position as a columnist to launch another viscious attack on Mo.

Event 2 Men 200 m Dash

World: W 19.32  8/1/1996    Michael Johnson, USA                        
American: A 19.32  8/1/1996    Michael Johnson, Nike                       
     OTC: * 20.37  2000        Ja'Warren Hooker, USA                       
Name                    Year Team                     Final  Wind

=====================================================================
1 John CAPEL USA 20.38 1.4
2 Darvis PATTON USA 20.38 1.4
3 Ramon CLAY USA 20.46 1.4
4 Bobby WILLIAMS USA 20.63 1.4
5 Coby MILLER USA 20.73 1.4
6 Dwain CHAMBERS GBR 21.20 1.4

Charlie, where can one read Micheal Johnson´s columns? Thanks!

don’t write MG off yet…yeah has anyone got the trash that MJ is writing-love to read what hes saying

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?menuId=69&menuItemId=438&view=HEADLINESUMMARY&grid=C1

Originally posted by QUIKAZHELL
i believe it had something to do with nike not meeting his demands whatever that means i think it had something to do with pay. anyway he sux… proved it today.

Yeah, 9.79 … that sux.

Get off his back and take a look at who else was in the race and what times they ran. Mo has run under 10 seconds more times than any athlete in history, he has already run a 20.16 and your saying he sux and he has proved it.

Get a clue.

dazed,
Im sorry to offend you… You must be a great member of the mo greene fan club.
I think kim collins is a great athlete and he is really moving up. I was not trying to imply that him or capel are bad athletes or making it seem like he got beat by a high school runner all i was trying to say is that they are not at his level. When you have a guy that was consistently under 9.90 and a guy that has trouble flirting with 10 flat there are not on the same level. And yes i know i am aware sprinters talk themselves up and it is entertaining to a certain extent. as a matter fact it is so entertaining and gets so much publicity it has us argueing over this now. Its funny if you think about it. But instead of keep going back and forth on this issue lets just wait and see how it all turns out and the comments and predictions that comes out of these athletes mouths so it will give us someting more to talk about in weeks to come.:devil:

I’d be cautious about trash talk…you never know who’s reading the threads.

Play nice…

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

Not at all Quik, I just feel that credit should be given where it’s due and for a 3x World Champion, Olympic Champion and former record holder “he sux… proved it today.” does not do Maurice Greene justice.

Shooting you mouth off like an idiot doesn’t do anything for anyone, least of all your self.

This is slightly off subject, but, whoever is posting all these icons with scantilly clad women…Thank you! Please keep doing so. As for Mo whistling backwards, I’m no Mo fan, and I’m not into this trash talk, but I wish I was as aweful as some say Mo is.

were you talking to me??

<=== best avatar on the forum heheh

i second that, give me mo’s lack of speed any day