Mo greene not running in us trials

I dont see his name on the entry list. Did he finally give up and admit defeat?

:frowning:

I am very upset.

I wonder if he is gonna do one of those retirements that know one knows about.

“Fighters, fight to the end until we have nothing left”

Mike Tyson

Mo Greene aka G.O.A.T. aka Old Lion King says he has a lot of heart. Seems he does not care what people say about him. I can see him competing till 2008 or later, given the way he talks in the news, with the 2008 OG year being the earliest he begins to think of retirement. This thought I think, regardless of the fact he hasn’t been to 10.0X since 2005.

Does he have the entry standard for the meet?

100m 10.20
200m 20.70
400m 45.60

If Mo does not compete in the trials, the WC’s are out. I think he has a bye entry to get into the trials because of being a past Olympian…but dont quote me on this… :smiley:

Nope. His fastest time from 2006 was 10.35, which would not get him in, even if it fell within the window (and I don’t think it does). His 2007 time of (ahem) 10.84 might not even make him masters champion of his own club, where there’s a 45-year-old guy named Willie Gault.

USATF has taken down his bio from the list of active athletes, which I think means he has fillied out the paperwork to retire from out-of-competition testing.

Do you all realize that he could easily drop that down.

The first meet I ran after a 4 year lay off I ran 11.79 nwi. Probably a bit of a headwind. Still way off my pb. The second meet I ran 11.59 into a 3 meter head wind. Still slow an way off my pb but an improvement .5 in one meet.

Do you all understand how much you loose when you take time off. I mean I got carl valle saying im slow because I ran 6.6 for 55m after a huge layoff.

This baffles me that people do not understand this. That if you take time off you loose speed. Practice is different then meets. I was the first walk in customer ever at finish lynxx to buy an FAT machine. The times in practice are way off. Just look at what charlie added .65 to bens practice times. You have to run meets, period. Then after you get some meets in you just have to be patient and let it come back. I hope Mo can do it. I symphasize with him. Im hoping to run a second faster then what I started off the season at.

Only if your squat is right!

I broke 11.00 fat when I did not squat at all. Dont hate on me. Yall some haters here. Im done with this thing. Ill post times though.

B’s.

He was in better shape than 10.84sec, because reports say that he gave up at 50m.

Well, whatever he would, could or should, the official statement is:

http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showpost.php?p=161415&postcount=1

Maybe 2008 will be a better year for him than 2005, 2006 and 2007 - especially being an Olympic year. Let’s wish him the best.