MMMMM...Bloody hamstring

I saw Dr. Leahy speak about 2 a day ART sessions returning a powerlifter to competition in 10 days post h/s injury.

the therastim is the same technology i think the difference between the two is how the machine is used. dennis thompson of arpprogram created what he calls protocals for various injuries. I think you would achieve good results with both. i only reccomend the ARP because i personally experienced the results and have talked to people who have also gone from injured to better than before. it is around $10000 to lease the machine which figures out to about $350 a month, i am a student i live in a one bedroom apartment, drive a 1986 delta 88’ (crap) but before i get a bigger apartment, get a better car or anyother purchase i would lease one of these machines, hopefully that will tell you how positive i feel about this machine. even if i wasnt an athlete i would want this machine im looking to get one for my grandmother also who was in a plane crach when she was younger, her body is wrecked and every couple of years she goes in for surgery but i believe this will greatly improve her quality of life.

charlie i think its the same basic principle, the arp people believe that the human body is a electically closed circuit and that trauma causes disturbances in the natural flow of this bioelectricty (very similar in concept to what accupuntures believe). i have no doubt about the benefit of accupunture but i think that with the use of technology this machine can more directly reach the problem. And like i said before the results dont lie, atleast not for me. The machine also has other benefits by immediatly elongating muscle tissue, they use it to replace stretching and their injury rates prove its benefit. ive also heard that with the aid of the machine they can train upwards of 5 times a day 7 days a week without myofribiral damage. because the machine is a an electrical modality it can be used like normal EMS for it strengthening capabilities but because it also allows eccentric contraction it can also be used while the athlete is moving for example bench pressing while the machine is on ofcourse this is advanced and i havent done it for myself, though during the therapy you are required to move through a given range of motion for example if u have a hamstring injury they would have u do a clawing like motion with your foot against the ground .

There ARE biologically closed electonic circuits within muscle groups, organs, and the circulatory system. The Karolinska Institute has been researching this since the late 1940s. I can’t comment on the particular machine though as I am not familiar.

there is a book i believe its called the body electric on the subject of the human body as a closed bioelectric circuit.

So i’ll update this thread after the MRI I had a couple weeks after the injury. I tore my semitendinosus right in the belly of the muscle. The measurement of the tear was 7.1cmx3.2cmx1.2cm.

Does anyone have experience with the dimensions of muslce tears? It seems like it’s a pretty large tear. This happened in the third week of may and it’s coming along slowly. I did some rehab for 2 months and one ART session until I left for a 3 week vacation. I’m goign to continue with weekly ART sessions and hopefully get this straightened out.

Also, whenever I do any sort of hamstring stretch on that leg, it tingles and goes numb. Has anyone ever experienced that or how to correct it?

wow thats a pretty bad tear. ill say it again i had a 3 year hamstring problem fixed by the ARP i swear by that thing.

I’d love to try it, I’ll try anything right now to fix this damn problem. Where did you get ARP done at? I’m willing to try it but I can’t seem to find an ARP practitioner in the Chicago area.

ART is very useful, but I’d look first for a good therapist and then decide on the protocol.

Its a bit like getting a flat tire and bringing your car to a man who sells rims and asking him to change the wheel … sure he can fix you … is it the best thing for the porblem you have

Who are you to decide the therapy? Do you know better than the therapist?

I’m not speaking about this case per se nor saying your wrong - I’m just tired of hearing everyone who gets an injury rushing to get ART!

I completely agree with you but the thing is I haven’t found a competent therapist who does a thorough evaluation of my body…whether it be biomechanics, imbalances whatever. I have a bs in ex. phys. but I have been reading some physical therapy books such as sahrmann’s book as well as some Janda articles. I am fascinated by their work because they don’t prescribe the normal stretch and strengthen work as have all the PT’s I have been to in the past.

I guess I have had bad luck with therapists and the reason I have gone to ART practitioners is because they have permanently fixed other chronic muslce problems. Obviously not my hamstring ones though…

I can’t refer you to anyone … unless you wnat to travell 3,000 miles over here, but perhaps someone here might be able to suggest someone for you.

I hear what you’re saying though,

Maybe Flash or some of the other lads might have a name for you.

ive had ART done too and while it was beneficial it really cant be comapared to ARP treatments. as for locations go to ARPPROGRAM.COM i dont know if there is one right near you but treatments can be completed in as little as 3 days so you may want to travel to the nearest one. also they have some that arent listed (idividual practiconers) so give the minessota one (its the first one) and maybe they can find you one closer.