jog 400m
flying 20’s:6x20m 5minutes rest between sprints

Afternon:

weights:
squats: 105kg
3x8,8,10,12 last set done with lighter weight
hamstring curl:
1x12

okay back at it again got quite sick for two months early this year and have just started sprinting again basically had a whole year off lol started again a month ago

been doing alot of sprinting on the beach

monday wednesday and friday: flying 7x60m 100% effort

will get back to the track in a few weeks and will not be doing any weights for a while as i cant recover fast enough to do my track work so its getting the way.

yesterday flying 30’s x7 100% effort 2-5min rest

starting to feel the effects on running on hard sand joints are sore heading to track from now on.

today
flying 30’s x6
4x60’s from start postion

feeling alot fitter than usual

7x60m :7.16 timed a few times

2x50m 6.09

3 flying 30’s

new pb’s i think from relaxing abit more while transitioning to top speed and doing flying 30’s in training never done them much before so i guesss they help after all

flying 30’s x 10 100% effort

didnt feel as fast as usual was all over the place

5th october

10x60m 100%

today flying 30’sx10

will be doing 60m event 6th december then work on 100m and speed endurance start of next year.

been sick for a few days have a cold

light pyometric work today

frog jumps

triple jump style leaps

explosive jumping squats

40 push ups:

10 normal

20 push ups with claps in between

10 one arm pushups- 5 each side

okay til end of this year this is how my training is going to be

monday

60mx10 100% effort

friday flying 30’s x 10

training for 60m this december is there anything else i should include in my training?

also next year im training for the 100m what sort of distance should i be running for speed endurance? 80m?

Hello Runningfaster. I was just checking out your log. What is your rationale for organizing your training? Also sorry if I missed it but what are you doing for restoration work? Extensive tempos etc?

hey matt i dont do tempo work at all atm what would you suggest?

i’m usually pretty sore(legs) from training and recover after about 3days of no sprint work

You might like to cut the 60’s down to 3 with 10 mins recovery, and the 30’s down to 6 with 5 mins recovery.Then on the alternate days you could do 10 x 100m tempo at 75% intensity or LESS.

sounds good grooster so program will look like this…

monday

3x60m

wednesday

tempo 10x 100 75%

friday

flying 30’sx6

is that enough for now or should i do more???

btw i’m a beginner in term of sprint training so any advice is much appreciated

cheers michael

You could do the tempo runs on tuesday and saturday and do weights after the speed sessions,maybe bench ,squats ,seated row, begin with 2-3 work sets of 10 reps

Tempo runs are used to increase aerobic capacity, usually HR 14-160 from what I understand and they also have a restorative nature. By this I mean that they help facilitate recovery from the previous high intensity stressors. Are you just planning on training mon/wed/fri. How are you incorporating your strength and explosive training into this?

Sorry for the questions I’m just interested

thats okay Matt im glad people are explaining these things to me, i havent planned any strength or explosive training in yet as im out of shape atm maybe incorporate them as i slowly progress???

today 100’sx4 100%

today

tempo 100x9 75%-100%