Mens 100m Semi Finals (Gay vs. Powell)

1. Bolt 9.71
  2. Gay 9.78
  3. Powell 9.80 (PLEASE don’t make a fool of me again!)
  4. Bailey 9.90
    5 Chambers 9.95
  5. Rogers 9.96

Powell running a 9.88? Video? Is he back in shape of some sort?

Good morning… :slight_smile:

He’s given that impression so far.

Powell looks to be having a good time. Nice to see the relaxation pre race.

Tyson’s start = ???

Yesterday I wrote that Tyson would surprice, but no… Bolt, Bailey, Powell. I do not know, but Tyson maybe without medal…

I would really hope powell and tyson get medals for sure, and i hope tyson pulls it out and gives a high 9.7, powell mid 9.7, bolt sub 9.7.

It’s mind-boggling to me that he’s able to achieve the top-speed necessary to run 9.93 but not able to get a start equal to the 10.10 guys.

Even if he’s hurt, are the forces experienced during the start that much tougher to deal with than with those at top-speed? If anyone would care to break it down for me, I’d appreciate it.

what happened to yohan blake?
thought he was cleared after that drug test issue

His reason for not attending is well documented and reported. Google is your friend.

Powell looks ready to medal. Tyson looked nowhere near his 9.7X times. We’ll see how he starts in the final.

he never qualified for worlds… it was bolt powel frater, blake came 5th i think at jamaican trials. though he’ll be on the relay im sure.

blake is not running relay?

Thinking… Tyson said in London, he hadn’t been training for 2 weeks. After that he ran 9.79w in Stockholm. No training… However, if he started training again in this part of the year, right before WCh, his form would be worse… tired from workout, atc… Hard to say… I hope his coaches didn’t make that mistake… better maintain then try more…

I would take what tyson said with a grain of salt, much like his no speed work comments and running 400-800s ? for 200 prep.

It looked like G-Force was out in front at 30 and close at 60, then lost a lot the last 40m. Great job G. What an experience I’m sure!!!

Good prediction…

9.58 seconds Usain bolt holy shit

I’ve been looking around the forum and never posted anything but i had to say something about Usain’s performance. Unbelievable, me and my father were watching it and we were like seriously? 9.58… god damn.
Anybody knows if there was a headwind?

Harsh much?
Sorry I’m not all knowing, some people are human… (not Bolt tho)
I understand that softer track equals shorter stride length but isn’t that point rendered moot since it was established that to run these times (WR) athletes were going to have to take fewer strides?
I’m not trying to dispute anything just trying to understand.