melatonin

Have anyone used melatonin? what do you think of it.

it does help you drift of, but depending on the dose, you can feel hung over the next mornning and even a little foggy during the day.

Your dreams will be very vivid!

Good for recovery! DEEP SLEEP!

Kenny Mac~~

I am there with Clemson and Nightmare. Melatonin makes me feel gross the next morning. ZMA is the way to go for sure! If you are not getting enough sunlight…some suggest you supplement vitamin D into your diet. Helps get rid of the cloudy day blues as well.
You may want to try 5-HTP as it helps to blanace certain hormones.

Last year i had severe sleeping problems and itwas affecting my recovery a great deal>nuthing was helping not even over the counter stuff> i saw the Dr and he gave me a perscription for “Ambien”> my sleep improved however immediatly after i stopped taking it it got worse> i then started taking Melatonin and it improved> Melatonin does work> i do find it hard to wake up the next mornin however i dont know if its from the melatonin or not> just yesterday i started taking ZMA so ill see how that goes>>

i would agree with herb that if you need some help falling asleep, use 5-htp. i take it on an empty stomach with my zma, 50-100mgs is the rec dose.

whats 5-htp

cut and paste from 5htp.com

5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is an amino acid that is the intermediate step between tryptophan and the important brain chemical serotonin. There is a massive amount of evidence that suggests that low serotonin levels are a common consequence of modern living. The lifestyle and dietary practices of many people living in this stress-filled era results in lowered levels of serotonin within the brain. As a result, many people are overweight, crave sugar and other carbohydrates, experience bouts of depression, get frequent headaches, and have vague muscle aches and pain. All of these maladies are correctable by raising brain serotonin levels. The primary therapeutic applications for 5-HTP are low serotonin states as listed in Table 1.

Results with Melatonin depend on the individual.
At the usual 3mg dosage it gives me nightmares and a bad hang over the next day.
Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale suggests 1-1.5 mg.
From my personal experience I would not suggest it, after all it’s an hormone, and you should not play with those anyway.

Best,
Carlo Buzzichelli

Clemson,
What’s the book called, how much did it cost, and is it written so a high schooler could understand it? I have a lot of things I want to buy, but that sounds like interesting stuff for some time. Is anything about this going to be in your book?

i agree with the point that “mito” made regarding zma and long term use. it seemed that it helped a little right away, but then 6 weeks after starting i really started to sleep deeped and easier.