tue:
rest
wed:
tempo
thur:
speed and weights
fri: rest
sat: tempo or rest

Thanks. I will def try to organize my training. Also what if any could possiblly help my speed after 20m? Would the The finishing drills in charlies dvd’s help. I just feel like I am running into a head wind after 20m. Or will that come with better fitness and less drinking :smiley:

I think you are being too hard on yourself. 24.9 as isn’t bad at all for 37 especially as you have recognised there are a few areas you can improve already.

Interesting you mention about it feeling like running into a wind. I find the last 100m of 400m is like wading through water, as much as I try my limbs (arms included) just simply wont go any faster and everything gets heavy. I have spoken to other Masters athletes and it is the same, that appears to be how lactate occurs as you get older rather than the burn / pain the young whippersnappers get :stuck_out_tongue:

I just remembered something…

Last summer I did arm swings with a 10lb db in each hand at home and everytime I ran I felt faster at the end of long sprints. So maybe shoulder strength is an issue for me too. Thinking back, I also experimented with a metronome. I would set it up to 300 beats per minute and just do arm swings and that helped too. I am going to start doing that for outdoors too.

Thanks!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hey,

I think 7.5x" 60m is very good for 37 y.o. working man. Congrats!

I have raced at the Armory and in NJ (on a slow blue track) and trained at the Chelsea Piers as well as the track at the Hudson River Park.

Be progressive.

Best luck!

Are you in the states? I thought you were in the UK.

I am in Italy, but lived in NYC.

Are there any good coaches in NYC? I hate coaching myself. :smiley:

If I was there… I would be one :wink: and we could train together, too.

I might move back in 2009.

Send me a PM, I will hook you up with someone.

Ok sent!

Thanks