Masters Training

Hey CF when working with a master athlete would his career field have a role in the number of high intensity training days, for example someone during road construction may only handle 2 high int days vs. someone with a office job?

Most definitely, a guy I coach (over 45) couldn’t handle what he had been doing due to his job changing. He is an Optometrist, same job but more driving due to his employers opening up a shop 60 miles further down the road. We had to curtail a lot of work because A. time limitations and B because of fatigue after spending more time travelling to and from work.

Thanks PhilG.

also allow for the general overall situation. Working in an office with little responsibility V major decision making is significantly different.

One thing that may help too is to get them to view workouts as a form of stress relief. Personally I really enjoy training when there is no one else around as it is pure ‘me’ time. :slight_smile:

I totally agree about the stress relief, with some of my drama queen female athletes I usually have them during more aggressive stuff like throws/jumps etc when they stressed or pissed off and by the end of the workout they usually feel pretty good and it cont to the next workout.

Good point John, which is why I don’t like student athletes to totally cease training during exams time.