Master Coach Charlie Francis Oly / What do you think?

I forgot about Mitchell - probably because of his regression. I assume he’s retired now after being “Stu-ed”.

Well it definitely is. You can ask your buddy Jas about it.

[video]https://youtu.be/Doa6uPgG3bw[/video]

Credit to Webb for making the team -edit-though maybe he did not since he does not have the WC qualifying mark.

He still snagged third in tough conditions. Credit due.

Yeah, he competed well-I did mean maybe he did not make the team and not that he did not deserve credit. So now the third spot goes to Rowe and as noted elsewhere if Lyles wins the DL Bednarek if healthy would take the 4th spot-assuming that’s accurate.

Yes credit due to Webb for snagging third, however, it’s fairly obvious he is no where near the runner he was (19.86) ….Great job Stu

…and 9.94 in 2016. I’m trying to figure out why he has a reputation as a great coach when all I see is him being handed a number of big talents he might(?) get improvements for initially but then detraining- nothing is sustained. A lot of highly opinionated theories but not so much as far as actual results.

You can only “Trust the Process” for so long when there are no results.

Perhaps the whole walking around practice barefoot thing isn’t working either.

Well, he’s reputation it’s actually Dan’s reputation.
CJ Ujah was with him too, Jonas didn’t have too kind words about Stu when CJ went back to him, something along the lines f… BS, LOL.
The above just perfectly encapsulates quality of work Stu does.

Completely riding the coattails of Pfaff.

True and maybe Bulletproof Coffee is not the be all/ end all of sports nutrition?!

For sure-he should have done it before. Also without the WC standard the third place at nationals carries less significance so while good for him for finishing 3rd at nationals, it’s too bad a guy who was running 19.85 three years ago now runs 20.45.

It’s ok to share a little hate on those who hate us but at some point I wish we could discuss the training of these coaches/athletes like we use to when Charlie was around… We had some great discussions on Bolt, Powell, and Gay camps many of these discussions can still be found on this site. I think Stu and Tony Holler could bring about some interesting conversations instead all the constant hate.

Agreed.

I asked for support, I got it and now we can move on. I appreciate the comments and I enjoyed reading what each of you had to say and laughed a lot. Thank you and too funny all of you.

Your inbox is full…

One of the things I see with Altis without knowing much about their business model is it has appeared to address all of Charlie’s ideas about how he would have potentially run things post 1988.

He might be the first to admit the failing of charging athletes too much money which most of them do not have. It raises a host of so many issues. One is it’s a problem when you have so many people coming and going all of the time changing coaches and locations and plans. That is in itself not efficient. The years of an individual athlete are precious. One does not want to waste time on the side lines while their competition strengthens their hold. ( Is this the chance DeGrasse provided for his teammate Brown? And Brown has taken full advantage of it. He was paying full attention)

Track and field is unique in that it can not be compared to American team sports or tennis or golf or any sport really. Track has some of the best training around yet it’s players are all operating as private business owners without must know how of how to run a business. (IMHO)

Not any longer. :angel:

To someone’s credit in the Altis short sprints program (the primary author is Dan Pfaff) they do point out that Charlie was among the earliest people in the “resurgence” of separating training into high and low intensities as well as acknowledging his belief that middle and high intensity training did not mesh well.

Interesting. After reading your post I went over to his and Pfaff’s twitter accounts for the 1st time in a very long while…a lot of it was hate for Trump.

Btw, there were many sprinters breaking 10.00 for the 1st time in 2015…only to never again come close to those lifetime bests. It’s not just an Altis thing folks!