Light breakfast before morning training?

What do you guys and girls have as a light breaky before a morning session?

About 30-45 mins before a morning session I have vitamins and minerals and:

Fruit Smoothie -

• 2 pieces of fruit out of banana, strawberry, kiwi, blueberries
  • 1 scoop of (vanilla) protein powder
  • Small amount of low fat milk ~1/4-1/2 cup (for taste)
  • 1/2 glass of water
  • BLEND!

OR

Banana + oats + (vanilla) protein powder + honey

Less than an hour before training I wouldn’t recommend more than a nutri-grain. 15 minutes before an isotonic drink. As for oats + honey + bananas thats heavy. A nutritionist would say no less than 2 hours before. Even if you ‘feel’ fine.

SeanJos

Less than an hour before training I wouldn’t recommend more than a nutri-grain. 15 minutes before an isotonic drink. As for oats + honey + bananas thats heavy. A nutritionist would say no less than 2 hours before. Even if you ‘feel’ fine.

Can I just ask the reasoning for this?

I have tried before to alter my eating patterns and give myself 2 hours after my last meal before I start training but I always find myself getting hungry part way through the session.

This last year, and for as long as I can remember Ill eat maybe half an hour before starting warming up. Is this going to be effecting my training in some way?

Thanks in advance

Paul

This last year, and for as long as I can remember Ill eat maybe half an hour before starting warming up. Is this going to be effecting my training in some way?

Yes. In short, the effort your body expends digesting food is detracted from the available effort for training.

Of course, it depends on what type of food you have. Generally, closer to training/competing time you can only get away with high glycemic index foods.