Lemaitre 9.98

It’s white boy day! Watch out!

I am not in a 9.98 shape, but I am sorry I was quicker than you:p

thats awesome! anyone have a video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ymUuSOaCN0

He looked good. As he gets stronger, he might be able to go into the 9.80s.

Congrats Lemaitre:cool:

There is a big mental block gone. Thanks Christophe. Now maybe we can all just run.

the guy’s a freak!!! I call gene doping.

In last year’s Berlin 4x100m final, he closed in on Thompson like crazy… I knew then that this kid was for real.

I actually forced myself to not believe the hype with him. We’ve all seen young promising sprinters fizzle out after a breakthrough year but I’m damn glad to see it isn’t the case with him.

Today, Lemaitre tied the 200m french record (20.16).

For sure he can still improve his start/acceleration as he comes to the upright position fairly early.

Any videos of the race?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKvYxEMgwDo

Thanks jeansab.

Congrats to Lemaitre for tying the 200m french record.

Once he polishes up his form, he will be a force to be reckoned with.

there is a few more hundreds in him once he has the strength to hold his hips level over the final 10-15m.

Who does he hold it with?

Gilles Quénéhervé.

I remember innumberable posts on the “when will a white man break 10 secs” subject in the early 2000’s, with mass attention for example when Shirvington seemed like he would do it. It’s weird that now that it finally happened almost no one took note or commented. Anyway, with his WC results, he is definitely not just a white guy that ran under 10 secs, he’s now a legitimate contender in the international scene. There is hope after all for all us slow white sprinters!

By my count, there were THREE white sprinters winning medals in Deagu (with Wariner missing) and THREE white hurdlers, not counting Liu Xiang. Precisely ONE medal was won by a white long distance runner (and a Russian female steepler at that) in an event longer then 1500.

White man needs to SPRINT more.

at .03 in the vid he has a definate head lift, does anyone think that has a negative affect on his acceleration