Lee Valley Athletic's Centre Dan Pfaff and Stuart Mcmillan.

Some interesting videos of the top UK athletes training. Greg Rutherford, Chambers and other top sprinters. seems to be big emphasis on Trap bar deadlifts. lots of powercleans also. Chambers 280kgx3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJcH19I5h5E

They are incorporating hip thrusts also. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6V7g-RKNi0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aMRv9LWF7I

there are loads more of videos also of sprinting. I just surprised at these ones. Most of the athletes are TB deadlifts big weight. Single leg split squats are used quite frequently judging by the vids

interesting. thanks…

THose hip thrust are serious

do you guys reckon they would be lifting such big weights after a track session or on a day dedicated to weights only. Very interesting vids, thanks.

My guess would be after a track session for scheduling reasons. If they schedule it on a day by itself, it increases the delay until speed and SE can be done by a day.

I would predict they are following this structure judging by how Dan Pfaff likes to train his athletes and Mcmillan has similar views. Prob doing something similar to this going by previous Pfaff cycles. Interesting that the Hip thrust is being incorporated. Seems to be not usch squatting focusing more on split squat ,Power clean and trap bar deadlift…One leg power cleans also are performed which i was surprised. Seems that they perform alot of different weight exercises
here is Pfaff template…Most members probably aware of he likes to train
Monday: warm up
Acc dev
Multi Jumps 5-8 X 5
Weight train.Bilateral

Tuesday: warm up
tech 5x75m
med ball x10
hurd mobility 5x10h (ser1-4)

Wenesday: warm up “V”
tech-
speed end
multi jumps (rudiment) w/med ball
weight train.Unilaterla.Split squats

Thursday: warm up
GS .Med ball

Friday: Warm up
acc dev
multi throws
weight train …Power Cleans .Step up etc

Saturday
Warm
hurd mobility
weight train.Light upper body

[Thanks for that, very informative , I notice there is no tempo work on the non speed days
QUOTE=dalton.1990;246615]I would predict they are following this structure judging by how Dan Pfaff likes to train his athletes and Mcmillan has similar views. Prob doing something similar to this going by previous Pfaff cycles. Interesting that the Hip thrust is being incorporated. Seems to be not usch squatting focusing more on split squat ,Power clean and trap bar deadlift…One leg power cleans also are performed which i was surprised. Seems that they perform alot of different weight exercises
here is Pfaff template…Most members probably aware of he likes to train
Monday: warm up
Acc dev
Multi Jumps 5-8 X 5
Weight train.Bilateral

Tuesday: warm up
tech 5x75m
med ball x10
hurd mobility 5x10h (ser1-4)

Wenesday: warm up “V”
tech-
speed end