LC Soccer Training Clip

I recently found this clip. Haven’t watched it yet, but it is long and have great amount of drills. BS or not I posted it so we can discuss :slight_smile:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4461989030904309079&q=soccer+training&total=1660&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

This is hilarious: Aerobic Soccer Training
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8456895319418303614

Jesus!

All it’s missing is a a guy in a leotard.

Duxx, as goofy as it was, do you think this concept might serve as an alternative to tempo?

Personally I prefer the italian training methods…

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4485390662249159065

Haha that’s so true. I don’t know a whole lot about soccer but the high drama foul reactions make them all look like pussies. I would like to see a soccer team play rugby then then maybe their dramatic reactions would be warranted.

Yes it might! The question is what are the goals and is this method appropriate for reaching those goals for a particular athlete at particualr stage of development… We don’t have much time to work with athletes and they don’t have unlimited source of energy and time, thus training methods must be the most optimal and effective…

Soccer has a high aerobic component so… let’s do aerobics with a soccer ball… O-M-G!
Note: all soccerballs are different, the grass is freaking high and some kids are playing with a size 5 ball.

I recently found this clip. Haven’t watched it yet, but it is long and have great amount of drills. BS or not I posted it so we can discuss
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ch&pli ndex=2

Ok, the girl doesn’t really need the slow-mo… yaaaaaawn :smiley:
Note: hurdles placed the other way round.

Personally I prefer the italian training methods…

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...90662249159065

LOL!

I don’t know a whole lot about soccer but the high drama foul reactions make them all look like pussies. I would like to see a soccer team play rugby then then maybe their dramatic reactions would be warranted.

I agree.

The aerobic looks good. The group is too big, but looks like they manage most of the skills. I view this as quality training for these girls. They get alot of touches, and the quality is decent to. Quantity and decent quality. Many of the skills is used in a game of soccer. I’ve used some of them myself and I believe they’ve been important for my development. They develop sole technique/ground skills, which is more fundamental than air skills to play good fotball. If these kids have passing ability too, they will be very difficult to beat if they can keep the ball on the ground and have the same tactical knowledge as the opposition of course. Tactics is king in soccer.

The gras is not too high to develop skills. Pitch looks good. To change size of the ball might be good for development. In strength training we change stimuli regulary to get better results. Maybe this is good for motor development too.

The girls training in the other vid looks ok for an aerobic workout(hurdles, ladder).

Anyone who does aerobic training with soccer teams as a norm needs their head examined.

So that’s everyone in the Prem then! Ok well almost everyone… :wink:

The gras is not too high to develop skills.

You say it because the ball would barely move when the little kids touch it? LOL.

To change size of the ball might be good for development.

May be the reason they use balls of 20 different colors is for chromotherapy…

In strength training we change stimuli regulary to get better results. Maybe this is good for motor development too.

Yesterday one of my players brought his 5 y.o. son to the field. We only had our balls (leather, size 5, 380gr) and the kid couldn’t really do much with those.

Anyhow, if that was useful, we would have balls size 8 for senior players…

Yup - they haven’t a clue … they spend 90 mins outside playing low intensity football and doing drills and then try to do aerobic conditioning!

Better still are the guys who are injured and do rehab - spend 3 weeks doing nothing except getting rubs ultra-sound and then the next 3 balancing on swiss balls and doign aerobic training - running 200m repeats!

Idiots.

That’s Physio’s and University trained Sports Scientists for you.

So that’s everyone in the Prem then! Ok well almost everyone…

Everyone.

Then we need to define HOW the aerobic component is trained.

No we don’t - they play football - where’s the dilema?

They spend 90 minutes out there in the game and about 90 to 120 mins a day doing aerobic work.

Yup - they haven’t a clue … they spend 90 mins outside playing low intensity football and doing drills and then try to do aerobic conditioning!

Better still are the guys who are injured and do rehab - spend 3 weeks doing nothing except getting rubs ultra-sound and then the next 3 balancing on swiss balls and doign aerobic training - running 200m repeats!

You must have some quite low level (internationally) teams around your area…

Yeh - just the Premiership - with about 12 internationals… - you?

12 internationals in Ireland?

Anyhow, it was meant to define the kind of training posted above, practice +90-120 of aerobic, which make no sense.

In my region we have 4 teams in the equivalent of the Premiership and some others in the league below. None is international.

I can only speak about three of them, because I worked there.

Can you post what kind of work you have your team do?

Thanks.

P.S. The UK (as I guess that is what you were referring to), like Spain, Italy and France, has 8 international teams for the current season.

England for work - Irish by the Grace of God. Once you’re Irish your body might leave but your heart never does.

Lets get back on track - Soccer players need less aerobic than is the conventionally thought.

Look at the game - if the player plays and trains as most normally do they don’t need anymore aerobic training.

Most guys spend from 90 minutes to 120 out on the field doing low intensity aerobic work in the am which consists of drills and tactics and warm-ups etc.
Why would you do ANY more aerobic type work?

This is IMO one of the main contributors to over-use injury and ‘imbalance injuries’.

So if you look at the training curve or the elements trained the aerobic system is taxed enough.
Also if the lads do any strength training - it also contributes in a not insignificant manner to aerobic capacity too.

This is another bearbug of mine - heart rate monitors.
Some coaches want the guys to get to and stay above 80% of HRMax in training - why?

Train the strengths and respect the limiting factors.

Do you work with a soccer team? I have not understood it, yet, forgive me.

Look at the game - if the player plays and trains as most normally do they don’t need anymore aerobic training.

My opinion is that from a certain point of the season on, the need for aerobic training is quite diminished. So much that the elimination of the “unspecific” aerobic training from day 1 would be just another approach as doing it all season long, probably both no being optimal. I have almost eliminated aerobic training in the past and team needed a few months before getting in shape by specific work only. Been there, done that.

Most guys spend from 90 minutes to 120 out on the field doing low intensity aerobic work in the am which consists of drills and tactics and warm-ups etc.
Why would you do ANY more aerobic type work?

a) Can you be more specific about what they do?
b) Do they always train in the morning and the afternoon?

Professional teams in Italy only work twice a day once or twice a week.

This is IMO one of the main contributors to over-use injury and ‘imbalance injuries’.

Such as…

Also if the lads do any strength training - it also contributes in a not insignificant manner to aerobic capacity too.

With athletes of such aerobic level I doubt that strength training has any significant impact on aerobic capacity.

Some coaches want the guys to get to and stay above 80% of HRMax in training - why?

Why not in your opinion?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Well they certainly under perform!