4 FRATER, Michael JAM

5 BURNS, Marc TRI

6 COLLINS, Kim SKN

7 THOMPSON, Richard TRI

8 PATTON, Darvis USA

wind +0.2

He will break WR in Rieti!

bravo, wonderful race.
i have to say that he appeared to have reached his top speed very early after his drive phase. he put like 3 meters between him and the others after 40 m.

0.2m wind and a 9.72, wow nice. Great pb for him, the old world record, now time for a 9.6 :slight_smile:

Asafa FloJo’d Richard Thompson. Sweet revenge.

i believe we now have the first sub 6.3:eek: 60m split man has ever seen

When is the Rieti meeting?

rieti meet is this sunday, brussels this friday

Was this not race 18?

Yup but race 18 isnt written in stone, he should be in top form for another 3 races probably?

It’s race 18 (or 19) but that is still no excuse for running 9.95 during race 16 or 17.

No excuse. That is really a damn shame. Dude should have at least one Gold and a Silver.

Will he make it to London? 4 years to go.

That injury/surgery loomed large this year. Really screwed up his race numbers. I know they were listening but couldn’t get the numbers in after the totally avoidable weights injury.

What is up with race 18? Does that mean something.

Since his first apparition into world lists in 2001, he has improved or match PB every year (8 consecutive year).
In Rieti, there will be heats and final. I guess there will be a WR there, unless the wind and rain have other plans.

What’s his schedule?

Really screwed up his race numbers.

Exactly! Some people tend to make cults quite easily. Each season is specific and suited to an individual but highly dependent on one’s physical and psychological conditions. It just happened to be the 18th race for Asafa for 1-2 seasons. Obviously Francis is sticking to his training planning and periodisation but the injury played a major part in it this year. So, 1, or 2, or 3 races here and there, and meets being so close scheduled do not mean it has to be the cult of 18 :slight_smile:

I just watched the race! Very sick…:eek:
So much power…:eek:

Wow these Jamaicans are on fire!!
Lets wait for Rieti:D

You’ve lost me. We sent charts down to their camp showing that race 18 has been prime for single periodized years and race 11 for double.
When you see a pattern that works, you need to repeat it! If he had not been injured, he would have had enough races but stupid lifting messed him up. I still don’t know who came up with the idea of a negative bench rep above his max but it wasn’t his coach.