l-tryosine

How much would be an appropriate dose before the 200m race? What about the timing? 45 minutes before the race? Can I take it together with caffeine.

Thanks in advance for answers!

1-3 grams and you MUST test this before your meet (for some people stimulants do more harm than good). It won’t do much by itself, take it with 200mg caffeine. A bit of high GI carbs will make it really kick (insulin drives SNS output).

30-60 minutes before your event is about right. Again, TEST it in practice to see how you react.

Good advice!

Thank you!

Test it using a gym session - it’s usually safer.

Tyrosine + an energy drink seems to work really well for me!

The energy drinks should have used tyrosine in the first place. Taurine was a stupid choice to begin with.

What’s wrong with Taurine?
It’s not sprouted to be a Boost like caffeine or tyrosine, but it has it’s place, no?
Taurine, potassium, B6 and magnesium supp before bed works well.

Mind you, i keep away from “energy” drinks, except for a Coffee

If it ‘works well before bed’ how do you figure it’s good for ‘energy’? And they are called ‘energy drinks’ and the point is to be a stimulant. That’s why people take them. So yes, it’s meant to be an energy booster.

Lyle, do you know of any powders with tyrosine that you recommend as good pre-race drinks?

What is Taurine good for? Recovery? Wasn’t Charlie a fan?

ok cool, good point.

Lyle is right, Taurine opposes the effects of caffeine. I wouldnt take it before a race, but it has its place at other times.

Really? I had no idea. Can you point to any further information on Taurine opposing the effects of caffeine? I’d love to meet Lyle since I’m in Austin all summer.

Want a boost. Take some yohimbine.

Take an extenze, if you don’t get tested because it has dhea in it. Great preworkout.

Do you have to stay away from spandex shorts when using Extenze pre-workout?

A little, if you’re shy.

Does that extenze shit really works?

As a stimulant for workout, most definitely.

It will also give a little pump otherwise and staying power!

That’s about it.

I’ve been taking an energy drink pre-race plus tyrosine, but now that I see above that speedster has claimed taurine opposes the effects of caffeine, does anyone have any recommendations for a better pre-race stack?