Leg press:3x10 easy
Weighted stepups:3x10
Superseted split jumps/GHR’s:3x10
Box jumps:3x7 Very high box
Superseted leg curl/extentions:3x10

Metabolic Speed/stadium runs:
10x30yd w/Parachute w/15sec rest imbetween
20xstadium runs

It was actually a good day to use the parachute because there was hardly any wind. I could barely do those box jumps because the box was like up to my chest and you had to jump up and not out on to the box, so you couldnt really use your arms.

Upperbody weights:
Bench:4x10
Reverse fly’s:3x10
Tricep Pressdown:3x10
Shoulder press:3x10
Hammer curls:3x10
Hyperextentions:3x10

Conditioning
:
2x20yds
2x20yds Backpeddal
2x40yds
2x40yds backpeddal
2x60yds
2x60yds backpeddal
2x80yds
2x80yds backpeddal
2x100yds
2x100yds backpeddal

200 Abs

Before I worked out I tested my Standing Long jump which was an 8’1. I also got my height and I was 5’8 and 3/4, and weighed in at 152. I was able to run my conditioning at full speed. So I guess I’m getting in better shape!

Lower body weights:
Bulgarian Split squats:4x10 w/35lb db’s
Walking lunges:3x10 w/25lbs db’s
Lateral lunges w/ resistance band:2x22
RDL’s Supersetted w/ box jumps:3x10, 3x6
Leg curls/leg extention superset:3x10

Conditioning:
Speed latter drills:10 drills w/ 4x each.
Resisted harness Pulls:5 reps, 30sec. rest
Resisted backpeddal harness pulls:5 reps, 30sec.rest
Stair master Intervals:10min

200abs

I feel that Im getting conditioned good enough for football. Im able to recover more from a drill faster than when I first started coming to this guy. Next week is my last week with this guy and then football practice starts. So Im going to give it all Ive got next week.

Monday

Upperbody weights:
Bench:3x10, 135
Db rows:3x10
Military press:3x10
BB curls:3x10
Dips:3x10

Conditioning:
20min run on treadmill.

Im not going to do anything hard this week becuase camp starts august 7. I dont know why I had to do a 20min run though? I got to work out while Jeremy Wariner was there. I was wondering what he was doing there because he was in london running that 43.99 recently I thought. Ill post his weight routine he did today, and its sort of similar to mine. Im not sure if they did their track workout before this workout or not and I dont think he did becuase he looked real fresh.

Jeremy Wariner’s Weight Routine today:
Bench:3x8, used 190 on all 3 sets
Leg press:3x5, looked real easy for him, and didnt see how much weight he used
Front raises:3x10
Lat pulldown:3x10
DB bench:3x8
Step-up circuit:3xBW He did variations of stepups on this 9-10" box.
Leg extention/leg curl circuit:3x10
Static stretch

It was cool to see him workout. He also has a funny accent when he talks, and he came in there all flashy with his earrings and stuff. I didnt realize how evil his eyes look without his glasses off either. He’s a unique guy he seemed like.

Tuesday:

Lowerbody weights:
Alternating leg press:3x15
RDL’s/Hyperextention:3x10
Resisted leg sprints w/ a band/Squat jumps:SS 3x15
Weighted Stepups/Squat jumps:SS 3x10
9"stepup/Leg curl SS:3x10

Conditioning:
20min Interval on treadmill, 1min on 1min off

200abs

Wednesday:

Upperbody Weights:
DB Incline:3x10
Assisted Pullups:3x15
Military Press:3x10
Dips/Hammer curls:SS 3x15

Conditioning:
30 minute run on Elliptical

200abs

Off day tommorow(Thursday)

Lower body weights:
One Legged leg press/Leg sprints w/Band:SS 3x15
RDL/Hyperextention:SS 3x10
Power stepups:3x10 on each leg
GHR/Leg extention:SS 3x10

Conditioning:
20min run

I feel like Im ready for 2 a days to start. Im glad he’s taking it easy this week before camp starts. I should be ready to go hopefully.

Upperbody weights:

Bench:3x10
Lat pulls:3x10
Tricep pressdown:3x10
Military press:3x10
Hammer curls:3x10

Conditioning:
25 minute run at 6-8mph.

This was my last workout with him today. This guy did more than just get me in shape. He also taught me about life a little bit. He taught me that Workouts and football isnt every thing. He taught me about whats more important than sports, its more important of who you are. I enjoyed working with this guy a bunch, and it was worth every penny with this guy. I just dont realize of how blessed I am with these resources at a young age of 15.

Things are looking good for you. Good luck in camp and keep up the work. Sometimes, when you get weeks of great training, it shows you what you can really do with the work you put into it.

Thanks alot davan.

Also, Im on my own with my workouts now. Well, the coaches at our school still make us lift during the season which is good, but they will sometimes wear us down too much in the weight room during the season. But Right after the Off-season starts, Im going to try to fit the CFTS into my program as best as I can with the school’s workout. Which I dont really care too much for the school’s off-season any way.

Yesterday was my first day of camp. I thought I was in pretty good shape but we practiced w/ helmets only yesterday and it weighed me down a bit. I think that Conditioning w/ a weight vest before camp started would have been a good Idea to get used to the pads. I got moved over from DE to Rover. The position Rover is an outside LB position like Demarcus Ware does for the cowboys.

Our routine went like this yesterday.
30min film
Bench, squat, powerclean:4x10 each
Stretch
1hr Offense
1hr Defense
Conditioning:12 flying 20’s.

Okay, I dont understand why you would want to run flying 20’s for conditioning, but if thats what the coach wants than Ill give it to him. I was able to make it through most of them.

30min of going over playbook
Front squat, close grip bench, incline db bench. light 3x10each.
1hr offense
1hr defense
conditioning:10 flying 20’s

Today I felt for some reason in better shape than yesterday. The OLB position Im in right now is real easy and i guess because its just the 2nd day. At WR my routes are getting better but my catching is still needing more relaxation. I am also having some DOMS.

Yesterday was the first day of full pads. I am still on JV and we played against varsity during the whole practice. When I played WR, I almost pulled in a slant against them if the ball want thrown so short that I had to dive for it. I almost caught a fade also if it wasnt thrown to short. At LB they have me at all 3 LB positions. Its very hard reading keys at Middle LB. Right now I feel that my best chance to make V-squad is at WR. Mainly because I think Im in better shape than the others.

First scrimmage is tomorrow and I am the starting WR on the JV team and I can tell you that I think Im good enough to be on Varsity but there is just too much depth at WR on varsity. At WR the coaches say my route running is perfect, but when it comes to catching the football I get to tense and drop the ball. My trainer told me to start squeezing some tennis balls or something so I could grip the ball better. On Defense Im doing alright at LB and its not my favorite position, but its just something I have to contribute to. I think im in very good shape now and I expect myself to go 100% on every play on tomorrows scrimmage.

2nd scrimmage is next week and Im not going to say anything about last week’s scrimmage because it was just wasnt a challenge. What sucks is that our OL coach calls the plays for the JV team and therefore we will rarely throw the ball. I am not getting hardly any reps at WR. The WR coach is also the Basketball coach and he has “favorites” that he only give the ball to and sometimes I just wanna deck him in the face! On defense I am getting plenty of reps at LB. Ive been shutting down the varsity running game pretty well and getting into fights here and there. LB is probably the position that I will get the most from this scrimmage. I am well conditioned, I did not take any play off last scrimmage. I consider myself the fastest and best conditioned player on the JV Squad.

Today’s scrimmage sucked! I had to play on astro turf in 105degree turf, which probably made it 20 degrees hotter on the turf! I made a mistake of not drinking enough water at school, which the water sucks by the way and we cant drink anything but that water. Im doing good on my grades in school so far in the 2nd week of school. Which I still have a long way to go and gotta keep at it.

I decided to do an active recovery today.
Dynamic warmup
10x100yds 75%, 30sec rest.

I have shin splints that havent quite healed up since the first of the season still and it sucks. The only way to let this recover is to rest it for 1-2 weeks which I wont be able to do after the season is over.

Yesterday was my first game and we got beat bad! 27-14! All I can say is that I did my part. I really wish they would move me up because Im way ahead of these JV guys. I did not go in at WR once, and played Rover the whole game. I had 8 solo tackles which I guess that’s not a bad stat to start the season out with. Im pretty sure that I will not catch a pass this season again because I dont have a damn QB to throw to me once again!

Won Tonight! 20-14!
Played MLB(Will) most of the time and had 5 tackles. I did not miss any tackles. I did my part and when I was supposed to take on the lead blocker, none of the DB’s would fill it up and their RB’s broke a few runs. Our damn RB’s still can’t hold onto the football.

Felt very well conditioned, and again I thank my trainer for getting me in great shape and not taking any plays off!

Last week we tied 14-14. This week it was 24-7. Our record is 2-1-1. I have 28 tackles in the last 4 games so I am averaging 7 per game. I have also recovered a lot of fumbles lately. Id like to say that I have a knack for it but its just luck. Still nothing happening at WR…But I did play FB on offense for some reason in our 3 back set formation. I made a couple of lead blocks. I am very pissed that I am not getting a chance at WR!!! I still drop passes in practice, so they dont trust me in a game. But our Starting Varsity WR has dropped 7 passes in the past 3 games!

Lost this week 25-15. Once again the same damn things happened! I do my part on defense but the offense commits 5 turnovers.
Stats for the last game were 6 total tackles. 2 of the tackles were for a loss, 1 sack, and 3 solo. If I ever get a chance to play offense it will be a great plus.