Kobe on the move?

LOS ANGELES, June 17, 2007 - Los Angeles superstar Kobe Bryant posted a not so subtle suggestion on his website Sunday that a change of scenery might be the best thing for him and the Lakers.
The more I thought about the future, the more I became convinced that the Lakers and me just have two different visions for the future,'' Bryant wrote. The two-time National Basketball Association scoring champion has become increasingly upset over the direction of the Lakers. When you love something as much as I love the Lakers (it’s) hard to even imagine thinking about being elsewhere. But, the one thing I will never sacrifice when it comes to basketball is winning.’’
Bryant said earlier this month that he is fed up with empty promises from Lakers’ management and now it is time to move on via the trade route.
Bryant, who joined the Lakers in 1996, has four years left on his contract which also includes a no trade clause which he would have to waive.
Now there is a new road ahead,'' he wrote Sunday. I am gonna keep grinding and keep working to get back to competing for championships. Sometimes the trek up the mountain is tough.
The Lakers are pursuing a longer-term plan that is different from what Dr. Buss shared with me at the time I re-signed as a free agent. I have seen that plan unfold for the last three years and watched great trade opportunities come and go, and have seen free agents passed on. That has led to the Lakers not winning a playoff series. All of that was frustrating in itself.’’
Bryant has become increasingly frustrated by the Lakers’ poor performance in the regular season and playoffs. The Phoenix Suns eliminated the Lakers in five games in this year’s post-season.
The Lakers have not won a playoff series in three years – ever since they traded their giant centre Shaquille O’Neal.
O’Neal and Bryant were an explosive tandem on the court, winning three NBA championships together. But they feuded off it and some speculated their differences led to O’Neal’s July 2004 trade to the Miami Heat.

Lamar will be gone next year. Gasol will play the two spot and Bynam center.

Gasol the 2 spot? lol…dont think you meant that…and kobe wont go anywhere, he just finished talking about how young and talented this team is and when they get Bynum back, they’ll have that one big defensive guy in the middle and that’ll be all they need.

I wasn’t saying kobe would but Lamar Oden will, he’s not worth 14 million & having that space cleared up on the salary cap will help the Lakers roster. Kobe needs to be the second scoring option if the LA is going to win the title. In game 5 Gasol was effective in posting up KG but in game 6 Kobe took too many shots and LA stopped posting up Gasol.

Kobe will always be the first scoring option. Just as Jordan was the first option. The same with Bird.

The problem with the Lakers is that they play really poor team defense.

I agree Kobe does shoot to much. What they need is a more viable 3rd option than Odom who to me seems really overrated. This would then open things up more for Gasol.

Shaq was the first option when they won the title. Play Lamar and Gasol in the post. This means that the cutters are more effective in the triangle and spot up shooters become more dangerous.

Those Chicago and Boston teams crashed the boards. Remember Chicago had big guards who could rebound. This Lakers team don’t rebound the ball that well.

the lakers have great defence…what do you mean? they didnt play it well in stretches against boston but they were one of the best in the league defensively…

yeah i feel you about Lamar, i love the guy cuz when he plays well, man hes good…but he just doesnt do it all the time…

plus, gasol isnt athletic therefore gets killed by athletic players…with bynum back they’ll be much better i think

Lakers defense was not good especially in transition. How many open three’s did Ray Allen have in the finals. He set two finals record, most made in the game and series. The transition three killed Lakers, Posey 10/20. Plus LA were bad in the rebounding department. They did shut down KG and PP in some games in the post by doubling.

Chris Paul and New Orleans will pick the Lakers defense apart next year.

overall this year the lakers defence was very good…bostons was better.

the lakers will probably be the favorites to win the title next year. I mean it’s almost like they have the number one pick, becasue they are adding bynum. Plus, i have heard their interested in ron artest, richard jefferson, or james posey.

New Orleans and if Houston are healthy will be much more harder to knock off than LA. No way they could afford Artest or Jefferson under their salary cap space.

The Lakers can thank Rondo for not being swept in the Boston series. This team self-destructs under pressure.

gilbert arenas is from l.a. and opted out of his contract with Washington, his stock is down from having a bad and injured season, he could be gotten for Lamar’s salary and that would give them a nice rotation of guards

vuchcich, ariza et al. can be moved in some sort of package for a pick or a reliable if not spectacular post/inside out guy.

bynum is a monster…

bynum is a beast- but kobe is a bad 1st option. He takes too many shots and then takes his frustration out on his teammates when they don’t make play’s. Game 5 showed how LA could win yet the Lakers went away from this plan. It was like history repeating itself, the same happened in 04 with Shaq.