june 11 Powell v Gatlin Who do you think will win

This thread will be about all POWEL V GATLIN match ups, if they have more than one this year.

Yeah what do you guys, think will win, and why.

Personally I think people have been beating around the bush, and I have too. But am afraid am gonna lay it down, back it up, why I think Asafa Powell will beat Gatlin. It’s time for me to totally destroy anyone, who disagrees with me, anyone, because I will make people see that Asafa Powell will destroy Gatlin.

Personally, i call the race. OVER AT 50.

You gonna be sorry, it’s just a matter of TIME with “Asafa Powell” HARDCORE sprint fans know this.

He has shown flashes that I have never seen before.

2-round 2004 Olympics, i say no more. If you have seen the video, of his 9.99sec, its wrong, knowone in history not even Maurice Greene, can do it like that.

QUOTE.

“Thats one of the most incredible runs i have witness ever, PERIOD.” MICHAEL JOHNSON.

2003- He was by far again, the most impressive sprinter in the rounds, it was real bad he got DQ, for something he didn’t do. Jon Durmmond stuff.

10.05sec in the rounds, fastest qualifier.

2004- Yes Gatlin won the Olympics fair enough, well done.

Asafa Powell-equaled the most sub-10s in one season. 9 SUB-10S.

Was only defeated once, in the Olympic Final. Still running 9.95sec.

how many time was Justin Gatlin beaten “5 times, 6 times, I don’t know. But they where bad defeats, he finished fourth in Crystal Palace in 10.2.

Powell won in 9.91sec, Greene 2nd 9.97sec.

"I give it to Justin Gatlin wining the fastest race in history 4 men 9.8, 5-sub-10s. (2004 Olympic final(

2005- Asafa Powell, Again never since Maurice Greene did a sprinter get, sprint hardcore fans excited. Am talking about people, who study races, who evaluate them. Not the odd someone who switches on the TV, and see’s everything in Black and white.

Asafa Powell averaged 9.84sec that year.

I don’t think people understand, what that meant.

That had never been done befor in history. Ato Boldon average 9.86sec, he has the fastest average time for a season, until Asafa Powell decided to “fuck with my head” I did not know what was happening, I have never seen sprinting like this.

Not even Maurice Greene in 1999 “Which I class as the greatest season a 100m sprinter has had in history”

He toyed with Gatlin at the Prefontaine Classic. Disrespect Justin Gatlins attempts to sprint, Justin Gatlin just looked bad, straining and pulling faces.

“DOWNLOAD” the head on action reply. After 50m, he just cruses, in the last ten he looks at Gatlin but isn’t even bothered about the win, now that’s bad.

"Yes Justin Gatlin again, was running ok that season, nothing special, he was Olympic Champion. But was not anywhere near as dominate, as Maurice Greene. He was running 10.0’s, getting beaten, even when he won the the US TRAILS, it was not impressive.

“I am not impressed with sprinters that have to come from behind, all the time, who cannot beat 6.5 guys to 50m”

Fair enough again he won the world champs.

Note

1999 1st 9.80sec Maurice Greene, had to beat Bruny Surin who ran 9.84sec in 2nd place.

2001- 1st 9.82 Greene again, had to fight off Tim Montgomery 2nd-9.85.

Justin Gatlin great respect to the other sprinters, and the conditions where not great. But there were no other heavyweights there.

No strong Sub-10 sprinters. in 2005 world championships.

Its just a Matter of time, i know this, and am sure more people understand this too.

LOOK PAST THE OLYMPIC TITLE, LOOK PAST THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS.

A RACE IS JUST A RACE. SOME MAY HAVE BIGGER STATUS.

BUT LET’S TAKE AWAY THAT STATUS OF THE OLYMPICS, AND WORLDS.

a 100m, take away the stadium, take away the cameras, will always be 100meters, no shorter, no longer thats how i look at things.

WHO IS THE MOST DOMINAINT, FRIGHTENING SPRINTER OF THE PAST TWO YEARS.

Not JUSTIN GATLIN.

It’s ASAFA POWELL, there is no debate here, no debate. Don’t even try and say Justin Gatlin has been dominating, if you’re saying he dominated 2004, he didn’t, 2005 still didn’t.

Technically POWELL, has only been beaten, 2TIMES in the past two years. In the past 14 months, how many.

He can run 10.2 and get you people excited. He totally disrespects the this game, running 9.99sec stops running at 50m, run 10.2 in March!!! And makes it look like, he is playing.

I don’t count, when he pulled up, he didn’t finish the race, and Gatlin did not beat him.

Ask Ato Boldon, what sprinter has he been more impressed with on pure ability, who would he fear most if he was still in the game.

I know Gatlin is a 6.4 60m sprinter, but he does not run like one, don’t relie on 100m splits, from Doha 9.77sec.

And i think he has done everything to try and get Turbo Acceleration, but it is just not happening, he is in trouble.

Fasuba was running 6.5xx indoors, and he is destroying Gatlin. Over the first 50m.

What did Asafa Powell do to Fasuba, in the commonwealths?

It was over at 50m.

Sorry

June 11th i name it “OVER AT 50”

JUSTIN GATLIN WILL BE EXSPOSED, ITS OVER AT 50.

i feel sorry for Justin Gatlin.

I wasn’t really an Asafa Powell fan, am a sprint fan. And i have relised now, it has took me Two years to understand what is about to happen.

If he runs his race, He is the only sprinter in the “WORLD” since The Great Maurice Greene, who can run a complete race. He can beat and accelerate with the best starters.

Leonard Scott, Fasuba “destroyed him”

Oh

And his Topend speed, when is the last time anyone came past Asafa Powell.

Not even in 2004 Olympic final, he was behind from the start.

Yeah it has never happened. In 2004 crystal Palace i watched him go past a

Sub-10 Maurice Greene, fresh from his 9.91sec us trails. After a bad start, his blocks slipped back.

Asafa Powell won in 9.91, Greene 2nd 9.97.

That’s a complete sprinter someone who can do that, knowone since Maurice Greene has displayed a race like that, someone who can dominate both sides of a race.

THEM GOLDS MEDALS, DON’T MEAN SH*T. THEY LOOK NICE THAT’S ABOUT IT. JUSTIN GATLIN A NICE GUY.

But Nice Guys get there assed whooped, this is not a Walt Disney Film.

You know if anyone asked me last year who are the greatest sprinters, on ability on performance level, phenomenon level. Am not talking about Championships, am not talking about medals. Am talking about stuff that makes you say wow.

Even into the 90”s I know there where sprinters out there that look back at Ben Johnson 9.79sec, and said. How did he split 6.33sec at 60m, How did he hit the fastest ever 10m in history 81 10m split Rome grand prix, from blocks he has the fastest ever first 10meters. (Greene since then has equaled or is fastest in every 10m split from 10-100m, but Justin Gatlin did hit 81-10m split, but he had a 1.7tailwind. Doha 9.76sec,

Maurice Greene ran 82-10m split into a headwind in 2000 Olympic final. 9.87sec.

Ben Johnson ran 9.79sec, on a soft track, like Astro turf, and with his hand up in the last 15meters.

I would say the phenomenon’s

Maurice Greene, Ben Johnson, Donovan Bailey, Ato Boldon.

Come down to my track tomorrow, ask me that question again.

Asafa Powell gets mentioned now, He isn’t great yet, no where near the terms of Maurice Greene greatest.

But he sure is a Phenomenon. On any given day, he can beat any sprinter in the world; I cannot see anyone beating him this year, if he does that.

yes I want Maurice Greene to do it, my heart tells me one thing, but my mind says, time for other sprinters to go home.

gatlin, because i just think so.

powell wins the next race

gatlin wins the showdown june 11

you are crazy, you post the same thing 100x on atoboldon.com and this website. Stop spouting crap.

Powell is yet to deliver when it matters most…
You have no respect for a man that won the OLY and WC

i m sorry, but i think Cool is completely right !!!

ASAFA WINS IT. IN EUGENE HE WILL PLAY AT 9,88-9,95.

Respect to gatlin, but in 2005 there wasnt a competition. (Like Mo said: " A final without me isnt a final" - like 2003…).
And 2004: Well, respect, he ran the race of his life. Respect, great achievement. But 2004 is the only race that was really great stuff from Gatlin. Mo did it 1997,1999,2000,2001 and even 2004 was good 9,87. He was there when it counted.

Well, Asafa has to proove this ability in future- no question. But he is the man to do such things like THE GOAT.

And Doha: i m personally still not convinced, but maybe i m wrong, i will see it if gatlin runs 9,72 :slight_smile:

I CANT IMAGINE THAT ASAFA LOOSES WHEN REALLY PUSHING IT TO THE LIMIT !

who can really tell, its not like there pr’s are a whole lot different. olympic gold medal is a bigger deal than just “respect, but…” and what does mo greene have to do with asafa vs gatlin?? potentially (what a bad word) i think that gatin, with his bad reaction time, awkward start and super tight finish, can run much faster. as is, asafa has a smooth, easy race, and has the same pr. but the best point you said is that you cant imagine asafa loosing when he really pushes it to the limit, and the scary part is, we probably havent seen it yet. with that said, i still like gatin, just because i like him more, but who really knows.

Ok you keep saying its over at 50m but in my opinion Gatlin doesnt get moving untile 35m

Will he go that fast pushing to the finish? i dont think so.

June 11 showdown off, Gatlin’s Camp are scared.

also, Asafa Powell, and his camp i think kind of knew this was gonna happen, Justin Gatlin is scared to of him, he knows it the damage will be done at 50, Powell display a too complete race, when he puts it together.

Justin Gatlins camp are playing it very clever, i mean us Track fans know, that Justin Gatlin is’nt the Main Man. But as long as these two guys don’t meet up. All we are gonna hear about is Justin Gatlin, how he won the Olympics, and worlds.

He is managing himself very good. Oh and yes, what a different Justin Gatlin we see now, from last year.

After Crystal Palce

“I will race Asafa Powell, anytime and anywhere, he brings out the best in me”

Personally Justin Gatlin is not injured, he is not in Hospital, and he must of been getting some money.

This tells me, that he is scared, the Gatlin camp are. They know he will be beaten on June 11, OVER AT 50. And as soon as he is beaten, he is not in control. The Powell camp are.

And Justin Gatlins camp don’t want that, there gonna try and make a massive PAY DAY.

This is basically saying to the rest of the world, if you want us to race, YOUR GONNA HAVE TO PAY US A MILLION.

Biggest PAYDAY IN HISTORY, FOR ONE SINGLE RACE. I THINK THEY SHOULD TURN IT INTO THE

DONOVAN BAILEY V MICHAEL JOHNSON 150M FASTEST MAN IN THE WORLD.

WHY NOT???

I am not impressed with Justin Gatlin thinking he is the Main man, asking people to train with him, and all that.

Never befor has there been so many questions of who is the man, after 2004 olympics, and still after 2005 world champs.

gatlin will probably win 07worlds and 08oly gold and he still wont be the man to u. lol

nice theories anyway. rack one up for gatlin.

A legitimate question that can only be answered by doing it! You’re supposed to be relaxed. The question is, can you stay that way when the pressure’s on?

Well U cant say who will Win No one expected gatlin to win the 100 meters at the athens olyimpic games
and no one expected powell to come 5th
so by looking at heir performances i think its kind hard to say who will beat the other
but i go for POWELL

gatlin has run 9.77, so its hard to say now.

Who had the better conditions when running the 9.77, the one who had the better conditions is the one who will probably lose

I dont agree with that assesment. I think it will have a lot more to do than just who had the best conditions setting there PBs. Think again…

Who ran 9.77 this year and who ran 9.77 last year?..

What does that have to do with it?

Asafa Powell is not in the shape he was last year. Justin Gatlin is in better shape than he was last year. Unless Asafa improves a lot in the next couple of months, Gatlin will win every race.