JoshRoss: 'I Can Run Sub-10, Me'

By Todd Balym
MELBOURNE, March 10 - Australia’s fastest man Joshua Ross has declared himself ready to break the 10 second barrier at the Commonwealth Games.
Ross is aiming to become just the second Australian behind Patrick Johnson to dip under the 10 second mark, and has been edging closer in recent seasons.
I can definitely break 10 seconds,'' said Ross. You have got to believe in yourself.’’

In a star-studded field at the world athletics tour meet at Olympic Park last night Ross looked far from outpaced to finish third and clock 10.41 seconds into a strong head wind.
Beating Ross home was world record holder, Jamaican Asafa Powell (10.29s) and Darrel Brown (10.34s) who are both sub 10s sprinters.
You need guys like that (Powell) around you to bring the best out of yourself,'' said Ross. It is getting closer to the Games and to run like that against those guys, I’m loving it.
``The time wasn’t too quick but it was not about the time.’’

With the 100m heats at the Games to start as early as 9am, Ross will change his daily routine from now to get his body adapted to morning racing.
I'm starting to get up at six in the morning. With the heats being early in the morning I have to be ready to go,'' he said. You can’t make any mistakes in the 100m, that is why preparation is so vital.
``I have a few things to sharpen up and now I will just start to taper and be ready for the Games.’’

In a star-studded field at the world athletics tour meet at Olympic Park last night Ross looked far from outpaced to finish third and clock 10.41 seconds into a strong head wind.

Ah, media garbage! When the gun went off there was no wind. I stood right behind the runners, 4m behind Powell and Ross, and was thinking - what the excuse may be for possible under performing!?

I was hoping to see Powell breaking 10s but he was not serious about his running. Ross needs to start running faster consistently to break 10s barrier.