John stuff

John
I tried to reply the other day, but can’t seem to do so on a Tablet??
The last video, the last drill, the running A’s - It looks as though your Legs are leading before your Arms?

The squat throws -
It looks like you’re doing a stiff leg dolly throw!!??
I would be getting into a more Squat position, almost 90deg bend - and also work towards getting a very deep angle on the dive part - the deeper the better (make the last one a dive onto some matts, or a sand pit??

Your arms during the drills look ok - but not so much during the runs?

I would say, your runs are looking better than previous videos - you look like you’re getting more taller and greater hip height?

Take two with posting
John, It looks like in your drill, the high knees, when shown in slow-mo, your legs are Leading before your arms - A lot of people i find get “lazy” with their arms during drills, something to be mindful as you want drills done the best you can.

Your medibal squat throws - look like more of a Stiff Leg Dolly throw! Get down and bend them knees, like a squat, nice n deep - around 90deg knee bend, or just off.
Also, your Throw during the squat “stiff leg dolly” throws was Very vertical. Get that angle DOWN - aim for a double story house or trees 100m away - get that 45deg angle happening. (not right away, but you can get lower than what you did there in them videos, much lower) You want the lowest possible angle than once you throw that ball, IF you don’t sprint like a maniac You’ll fall on your face… That’s the feeling. Also - you should be going out that fast, that you catch a medibal on 1st bounce (eventually) and if your mediball bounces

Otherwise, i think you’re looking in good shape - looking fit.
Keep it up

Thanks Bold and I agree pretty much with your comments especially after comparing my throws with those in the med ball DVD. Will work on that.

Re being fit, yeah apart from my R knee which has a real block up the top of my calf, almost behind the knee I am working out things are going well. According to the info in

http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?22202-Usain-Bolt-has-the-perfect-body-shape-for-sprinting-success-researchers-find

My RPI is 41.15 (172cm , 73kg)

I’ve settled on a 12 week model as below which is good fun and has all the elements I like. Racing doesn’t feature in my plans.

Sunday
Med ball, Accelerations & Max speed 500-550m total, Squats (5/3/1 + 3s x 5r @ 80%), Bench (5/3/1 + 3s x 5s @ 80%), RDL or Good Morning & abs

Monday
Abs & Conditioning, Chins & Dips (5s x 10r)
Week 1 3s x 4 x 150 (reps 1 & 3 tempo, 2 & 4 @ 90%, recovery = jog back between reps, 300m jog + 150m walk after set 1, 150m jog + 300m walk after set 2)

Week 2 3 x 3 x 300 (150m out & back, 1 min jog between reps, 4 min jog after set 1, 4 min jog & 5 min walk after set 2)

Week 3 6 x 200 (jog back rec)

Week 4 60 sec, 50 sec, 40 sec, 30 sec, 20 sec, 15 sec, 10 sec, 5 sec walkback rec

Tuesday
Rest

Wednesday
Med ball, SE (8-39 sec) 500-550m total, Squats 8s x 5r @ 75%, Military press (5/3/1 + 3s x 5s @ 80%), Glute bridge or hip thrust & abs

Thursday
Abs & Bent over rows & Incline DB press (5s x 10r), Conditioning

Week 1 2 x 300+150 + = 30 sec

Week 2 2 x 4 x 80 + 200

Week 3 2 x 200 + 200 + = 30 sec

Week 4 no conditioning

Friday
Abs & Conditioning

Weeks 1 &3 30min jog

Weeks 2 & 4 L & S tempo

Saturday
Rest (Fast till 6pm)

Vids from today, med ball much better but still need some work on arm action with drills and running… and getting faster :slight_smile:

//youtu.be/BsHC9Df77Ec

//youtu.be/lcWjVXC7U68