joesixpack's log

More pool work today
friday was the same sort of cals as the rest of the week.

This week, the volume gets a bump.

4 sets of all the cals, reps stay the same.
I’m cutting out step-ups. they seem to be quite worthless.

I replaced lunges today with 10 hills…these were rough only b/c I haven’t done any kind of running since that long one wrecked me… I’m starting to feel human again with the band work Ive been doing. Last week was good, but as the work becomes more challnging, the focus needed must increase concurrently.
Have lost a some p-chain strength - will start lifting next week when I go back to college town USA.
I am lonely :frowning: Where have you gone Lois Griffin? :cool:

10xhills, 50 push-ups, 100 crunches yesterday, push-ups and crunches today…
You may have noticed I edited my last post… truth is I have no idea what I’m going to do at this point.
so here’s the best I can come up with -
I like simple
I like variety
I like ritual
I don’t like being beat up
I like running fast

Is how I feel… Stale…

Warm-up
Light mobility work with band
50 push-ups and 100 sit-ups
bw squats x10
Jumping jacks 2x15
skips 2x20m
cossacks x8 each side
Leg Swings 10 x each way each leg
walking lunge 2x10
bird dogs and scorpions 10 x each side
60% stride 2x30m
75% stride 2x40m
<<< N.B. this is/ will always be my standard warm-up. unless noted otherwise, this is what I mean>>>

Hills x8

Med Ball throws 9 pound ball -Highlight of the day
chest pass x10
Thruster throws x10
Soccer tossx10
grannys x 10
bucket toss 5 each arm
rock ups and pass x 10
Discuss 10 each side
puts x 5 each arm
If I had to retrive it, it was light jogging.

Box Jumps 26" box 3x each leg single leg jumps, 4 double legs.

Weights - hypertrophy emphasis
ATG Front Squat 2x4x135 - pathetic. Not too long ago I used to do 3x10xthat… I’ll be back up to par soon.
DB bench 2x10x35s - too easy, will up weight next week.
Pull-ups 7,7… really pathetic… grrr.
Hypers 2x15 w/10 pounds 3x15 b/w
Beach work (laterals, bis, dips) a few sets each
100 more abs - much more challenging than just crunches.
light stretching

feel ok today - better than I thought. A little hungover, but nothing serious. No bad DOMS. I can feel my body asking itself - “Hey, I thought we were done with this shit!?!”

I’m doing this when the sun goes down. fucking heat wave.
Warm-up
Tempo (+ = walk 40 yds…short but fair recovery)
100+100+100
100+100+100
100+100+100
GS
Pull-up Pyramid 1-5 (25 total reps)
Push-up pyramid 1-7 (50 total … ok 49 technically, but I’ll add one somewhere)
100 crunches
Med ball core Work -150 reps, 5 different exercises.
deeper stretching than yesterday

It actually rained for once here yesterday :slight_smile: so i didn’t get out in time to do tempo. Just went for a lap around greek town… did it in a very easy :slight_smile: 7:30 and I’d say it’s about a mile - maybe a mile point three. really flat, no soreness, and no pull-ups from yesterday either, so just ignore them. everything else though, I did.

Diet has been real good so far.
today is another day like monday, and for weights I’ll have a rusty trusty training partner. I had an idea to do monday as a total body essentially body building workout, and then wednesday do ME Upper, and Friday ME Lower - to save my legs and b/c the westside principles have worked well for me in the past. But looking at my pathetic hamstrings right now I want to do nothing more than p-chain work until its brought up to par… decisions decisions…
it will either be…
ME Upper -
Bench 4x6x65%
Close grip Floor Press 3x3
CSR 5x5
Dumbbell Military 2x10
OR
Total Body
Dead Lifts - I haven’t decided, but lots!
Bench - probably the same
CSR - definately the same.
maybe some RDLs…I’m unhealthily upset about my hammie weakness at the moment. not so long ago they were beastly, and now they look like a 12 year old boys… ok not that bad, I still have an ass, but…it was so much fuller when I went to DC… jeans aren’t even fitting right anymore. grrr.

Yesterday was great, topped off by a night at the winery… so nice.

cut a lot of volume of the top of the med ball throws — this helped…
weights were a compromise…
I benched, rdled, and csred and got the hell out of dodge. it felt wonderful

Took yesterday off… I did so little. Anyways… today another “high intensity” day, same hills and plyos and medballs.
Weights should look a little something like
ATG Back Squats 2x5,3x3
Shoulder Press 3x8
Hang Cleans? — haven’t decided… maybe rdl’s again maybe light gms. felt good.
lots of abs.
My grandmother, 88, finally passed on yesterday. It’s really ok, she was sick (cancer) for a long time, and was ready to go and went the way she wanted to - in her bed, surrounded by her family (8 children). funeral on monday/tuesday.

Back Home for the funeral. Did nothing over the weekend, and forgot my shoes, so no hills or plyos today.
I feel a little fat… grrr.
Front Squats 2x7x135
DB Bench 2x10x40
Pull-ups 8,7. — just “inching” my way along right now
Hypers 3x15 with 10 pounds
20 min elliptical - easy
100 abs on the ball

Tomorrow I’ll probably get on the elliptical again, hit my abs and hammies with a little extra work too.

Funeral was today. sad, but we had some funny (as in ha-ha) memories to toss around at lunch about that side of my family.
Elliptical for 25 minutes
Hypers 3x10 with 10 pound ball
lat pull downs and gorrillas 2 sets 5-10 each

Today’s junk.
MUCH more pop :slight_smile:
same plyos
10 hills
no medballs
Bench 2x7x115
RDLs 3x10x115
JFTHOI Whip Snatches 2x5x65
CSR 2x10
3x30 abs

Boo finding a job. Anyone hiring a ridiculously credentialed and motivated part-timer?

30min elliptical
Abs

Did find a job. see more @ http://integralresources.com

ended up going for 45 minutes last night - I got to hang out with a friend I hadn’t seen all summer, so why not?
got in a few abs went home, stayed up late talking to another friend I haven’t seen all summer.

Today, got up, and got after it. it was 65 and sunny when I did my outdoor stuff so I took my time. same jist… plyos, 10 hills, some med balls. one more week sans any flat sprints, and then 3 weeks of accels. next week instead of the elliptical its the treadmill on a slight incline, and then I’ll be ready to do some actual tempo for 3 weeks. I’ll keep piling on the hill volume. I could use it. Labor day I have my cousins wedding, and then september the real fun starts. Weights its a similar idea. next week is the last real easy week, and then we concentrate on putting some more iron on the bar. again, september comes, and we get down to brass tacks.

Today’s weights.
USA Squats 45,95,135,155x5 165x3,185x3, 205x3
Shoulder press 3x8x75
Vbar pulldown 8,10,12x 90
abs

gave blood after lunch and then got hired. Off to celebrate the hire and prosperi’s 21st. Time to get f- I mean phunking crunk!

took shabbat off, lap around greek town today. Big thing was I cleaned the North Jon of my frat house. jiminy crickit it was disgusting. Yuked twice from gagging. that thing is immaculate now.

More of the same today… got goals in Front Squat and Pull-ups. 3x4 hills. need more abs, cleaner eating

Treadmilly junk. one humongous benefit to the treadmill - it’s indoors. we’ve had no rain the past few weeks.

1.0 incline
2.5 minutes walk 3.0 mph
2.5 minutes jog 4.5 mph
15 minutes run 6.0 mph
10 minutes walk 3.0 mph
about 250 cals, around 2 and a quarter mileage.
3x20 swiss ball abs

No running today - slept for 12 straight hours. Was on the phone a lot last night.
Did lift.

Bench 2x10x115 - finally. Moving on…
Deadlift 5x1x155, Sumo 1x5… got bored. very easy
RDL 2x10x135 - also easy
CSR 2x8
Abs
Things starting to come together. Also, bored out of my skull

Short run, got wasted last night. Stayed up partying till 6am.

Getting Wasted Wednesday was a bad idea.
I was not really hung over, but a string of bad things (nothing horribe, just what you would call “Performance Deficiencies,” as you will read) has lead me to believe them the cause of Wednesday’s partying.
*last night’s short run was awful.
*slept 12 hours last night (normally, 6-8)
*awful morning
*rushed, bad workout today.

Fortunately, a good night at work, comfort food, and summer rain make me feel a lot better. Tommorow off.

12 hills
Squats 45x3 135x3, 185x3, 225x3 — these blew. never warmed up, b/c it was a g-darned sauna, so bar was slipping all over the place, form was awful, weight felt like a ton, arch was off so back felt like crap (compounded by the glut of sleep), I was high depth wise, just… AHHH

Militaries superseted with pulldowns - too heavy on one, too light on the other.