Jana Drama clever commentary

I first met him when he was 10, along with his dad Norm. Started at East Maitland LA’s. Jana came from Winston Hills LA’s, had a coach called Wayne, you know him.

I’m pretty sure I’ve met him a few times. But knew Jackie and Craig better. I still can’t figure out how Matt fits in to this conversation. You seem to be just saying names of former junior athletes randomly. Where were you hoping to go with this?

He is attempting to legitimise his own creditability through association with these former junior athletes, he obviously implies that he kept them in the sport or had some role with their development. But this had nothing to do with the conversation and he has randomly gone off on some crazy tangent.

I was going with the flow of the post when Sharmer decided to kick me in the teeth with his sneekers, something about another galaxy then straight jackets, the name was aimed at him, I could have easily just said Dubbo new year carnival.

Now you have the baseball bat, Matt was another one where there would have been a meeting to discuss his future, after that he didn’t amount to much, just followed the flow like most of our sprinters.

Still not sure what Mathew Beauvang has got to do with me??? I raced him once back in 1998.

Yes, sad is the correct term.

I heard a very good commentary when I was in Sydney recently by a Mike Hurst :slight_smile: on one of the news programs.
He summed it up very well, not quite with innuendo, but a very nice description of the circumstances Jana has found herself in.

Sad I guess sums it all up, for her especially.

I knew Matt pretty well through the period you mention, and he was a fairly troubled soul. The system didn’t do him wrong, it was circumstances beyond the track that ended that career. I also know Sharmer fairly well and cannot connect the two in any way … is this a case of mistaken identity?

You may be right.

With a previous post like this it’s easy to jump to conclusions.

““I inherited the hard drive which Kheml had his 400m and 100m programs on””

Maybe he was doing what he accuses me of.

““He is attempting to legitimise his own creditability through association with””

Matt was being coached by Tony Fairweather, I used to help Matt with mechanics. Norm his dad told me it was suggested he change coaches and asked me if I would be the coach. I said no and he then went to the coach who inherited Khmel’s job. Matt was the third athlete I know of who was told to leave Fairy.

Yes it’s all a bit sad.

That timeline doesn’t really fit. Khmel hadn’t moved on from NSWIS/AA until October 2004 when matt had already been out of the sport for 3 years and the coach that inherited the hard drive and oft used that exact quote didn’t do so until November 2005 and he never coached Matt.

I think you may be confused with the suggestion that he should train with MK in '00 and actually going to JG instead.

BTW sharmer is not who you think he is. Hence the Dubbo and MB comments seeming a bit cryptic (as would comments about curly hair)- this is indeed a case of mistaken identity.

This post is getting mighty weird, and way way off topic. How did Bouveng and Khmel come into it.

In 1996/97 a 15/16 year old was placed with a then unknown coach P.

I should go back to the imaginary planet Pluto and put on Sharmers straight jacket and dream of the good old days before Pittman-Rawlinson-Pittman-Rawlinson became Pittman-Rawlinson-Pittman-Rawlinson. Back to when she was regarded as a possible Olympic contender and accepted as a mixed up kid.