Isinbayeva 5.03m World Record in the Pole Vault

11 July 2008 - Rome, Italy - In her first competition of the season, Yelena Isinbayeva broke her own World record in the pole vault clearing 5.03m at the Golden Gala Kinder+Sport meeting in Rome, the third stop on the ÅF Golden League 2008.

http://www.iaaf.org/GLE08/news/newsid=46022.html

What a way for Isinbayeva to start out the season-with a w.r.

I was almost just as impressed with the expert commentary provided on-line. Those guys know the sport and can actually provide insight into the events.

They certainly don’t remind me, in any way, of Tom Hammond or Carol Lewis.

Couldn’t agree more, especially with respect to Lewis…

I find myself muting the television whenever she is commenting as she repeatedly makes statements that broadcast her lack of knowledge.

Same here with regards to Lewis. I’m not sure if she had much of a presence on the trials’ telecasts(?) so maybe NBC has finally done a decent job of evaluating some of the performances of their “talent”.

The more Ato does a good job, the more obvious her shortcomings will become.

Isinbayeva forfeited some cash going 5.03 instead of 5.02. Gotta hit every increment at a different meet $$$:)

That was some awesome jumping last night. Pavlov has done something right with her, not only technique wise but he has gotten her hungary for success again.

That was some awesome jumping last night. Pavlov has done something right with her, not only technique wise but he has gotten her hungary for success again.

It’s Petrov. Pavlov trains salivating dogs:)